Breeder beginner

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
And also what are other ideas y'all have for the overload of Ts?

I'm not just going to give any way sorry.
but you will freeze them. What's the difference in giving them away or freezing them you sound like you ONLY want to make a profit. Because if you can't sell them your going to kill them because that makes sense right.

Andy00

Arachnoknight
Just saying, if I were to breed a sac, I'd sell the slings for very cheap and if I still have too many then I'd give most of them away to other people. Also you could maybe give them to a seller at a reptile expo for super cheap or for free, I'm sure a few would take them to sell them especially because if they're well known it's easier for them to sell the slings. I'd personally take a few ;) and so would some of my friends

saturnthegrey

Arachnosquire
I can say that for me if I were to pair and get too large of a sack to handle myself I would love to give away slings. Especially to a lot of the people that have helped me out on here. I would make it rain free slings o_O I don't think I would have it in me to kill any of them, my conscience couldn't cope with that.

BossRoss

Arachnosquire
I can say that for me if I were to pair and get too large of a sack to handle myself I would love to give away slings. Especially to a lot of the people that have helped me out on here. I would make it rain free slings o_O I don't think I would have it in me to kill any of them, my conscience couldn't cope with that.
Raining slings!!! A dream come true!!!

I must agree... I use two breeders and two LPS(they very good ones actually)... Often I have gotten free slings, free bark, free decor from them so I'd happily return the favour... Or even ask them if they'd be willing to trade a whole bunch of my slings for some other T they had....

@OP: There is so much you can do with the slings other than cull them.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
@Jones0911 I am curious, if you had 1,000 spiderlings in a sac (Lps produce sacs larger than 1,000), and you would kill off a bunch, why wouldn't you give the ones you would kill away to people who are capable and interested in Ts? Isn't that a good thing, to give back to the hobby? Those people can pay for shipping of course.

What's the reason for not giving them away, laziness, greed or something else...?

There are plenty of people who have the philosophy of "if I can't benefit from it, than no one can". Is that what's going on?

Just curious, never heard someone write that before about Ts they didn't want.
I know this is an older thread, but come on, I've recently sent out a MM B. hamorri, I did not want anything in return, I only wanted to see the MM go and do his thing, he hooked up with three gorgeous girls, that was my contribution back to the hobby, rather than have him wandering aimlessly around his enclosure, I got more satisfaction from that one little contribution than anything else I've done in the hobby - enough said. Shocking, to even think of freezing slings rather than giving them away! What kind of thinking is behind this?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I know this is an older thread, but come on, I've recently sent out a MM B. hamorri, I did not want anything in return, I only wanted to see the MM go and do his thing, he hooked up with three gorgeous girls, that was my contribution back to the hobby, rather than have him wandering aimlessly around his enclosure, I got more satisfaction from that one little contribution than anything else I've done in the hobby - enough said. Shocking, to even think of freezing slings rather than giving them away! What kind of thinking is behind this?
I have not idea what you are talking about...Elaborate....I was replying to someone who said they weren't going to give them away...my response was "why not" in essence.... What does your response have to do with mine????

BTW, what you have done with MMs, I have done as well. My Venezuelan StudTiger should make about 3 or 4 sacs happen over here. I didn't ask for anything in return.:D

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I have not idea what you are talking about...Elaborate....I was replying to someone who said they weren't going to give them away...my response was "why not" in essence.... What does your response have to do with mine????

BTW, what you have done with MMs, I have done as well. My Venezuelan StudTiger made should make about 3 or 4 sacs happen over here. I didn't ask for anything in return.:D
I am in complete agreement with you, I don't know why or how our wires became crossed, I feel the same way you do, the fact that @Jones0911 would rather freeze spiderlings than give them away is beyond comprehension - and he's still thinking about breeding!

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I am in complete agreement with you, I don't know why or how our wires became crossed, I feel the same way you do, the fact that @Jones0911 would rather freeze spiderlings than give them away is beyond comprehension - and he's still thinking about breeding!
I see it's because I used your post to quote, it was unintended - sorry for any confusion caused, as yours was the last post I used that as a starting point, it was never in any way a reflection of your ethical response, sincere apologies.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I see it's because I used your post to quote, it was unintended - sorry for any confusion caused, as yours was the last post I used that as a starting point, it was never in any way a reflection of your ethical response, sincere apologies.
No problem, I don't take things personally on a web forum, only seeking clarification.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
BTW, what you have done with MMs, I have done as well. My Venezuelan StudTiger should make about 3 or 4 sacs happen over here. I didn't ask for anything in return
Well done - I was of the same thinking I would rather see my MM go out and do his thing than see him wandering around aimlessly - when I knew exactly why he was acting the way he was, we are obviously as ethical as each other - Kudos sir Kudos.