Breed question about turkistan roaches and dubia roaches.

BillyG

Arachnopeon
I bought lots adult turkistan roaches and dubia roaches,now there's plenty of egg sacks of turkistan roaches in that box,but the adult dubias never mate once,the temperature is good and there a little catfood mountain in that box and waterdish,my ts have to eat the size of adults but it will be great if i can breed these roaches myself,so my question is:should i just leave the turkistan roaches' egg sacks there or?and how to make the adult dubias mate?:worship:

AprilH

Petridish
Old Timer
Try feeding the dubias some fruit. Apples and oranges seem to work well.

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are the B. dubia adult?
How long have they been set up?
I give food, water crystals at all times, and fresh fruit & veggies every couple days. Citrus is supposed to help with breeding.
If the temp is over 80F, closer to 90 is better, you should be good to go.
There are several other threads about roach breeding you can read here as well.
Good luck.

Also photos of your setup might help.

ZephAmp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They have probably already mated many times if they're adult dubias.
Incubation and production of the oothecae, egg case, in the female B. dubia can take a while. It may take up to 3 weeks after becoming adults for them to begin producing oothecae, however after this their body adjusts to a rhythm and will begin producing them in a more timely fashion. Remember I'm talking about the egg cases, not the actual babies; the gestation for these varies primarily with the temp.

As for the B. lateralis egg cases, you can just leave them in there. I suggest keeping things humid to make sure they don't dry out. I personally have mine on a cypress mulch/coconut fiber chunk mix with Alphitobis diaperinus to clean up the dead bodies and scraps (these are great; unlike Dermestid beetles they will not touch the oothecae!) and they have exploded in number.