Brazilian white knee bird eater spiderling escaped uk

ArachnoRasta

Arachnopeon
Hi today I went to feed my spiderlings & upon feeding my Brazilian white knee bird eater spiderling escaped and is roaming about my apartment in the 🇬🇧 I've looked everywhere & cannot spot the spiderling, the thing is I have a cat & dog and was wondering if anyone knows if these tarantulas are deadly to cats a dogs, please can anyone help me? Thank you

ArachnoRasta

Arachnopeon
Thank you 😊 I have been looking for it but cannot find it anywhere, I'm keeping an eye out, I'm absolutely gutted 😢

fcat

Arachnolord
Arachnosupporter
You absolutely positive it didn't bury itself in the box?

Allegedly they don't go far. When my G pulchra escaped I was able to follow a thin line of webbing down to the ground where she descended and follow it on the carpet a ways. Tore up that whole room no T. When 5 feet in the other direction out the door, T right there lol.

Lights off, temps down with a water dish under a red light bulb/heat lamp has been known to work?

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
look all along the floor and walls, narrow nooks, etc... your chances are bad with a cat in the house, but who knows

any spots that are narrow and a little warmer than the rest

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
now would also be the time to change your feeding methods to prevent further escapes pic is only an example i remove the lid of the bottom bigcontainer then place my sling cage into it then remove the lid to feed/water etc. reason i do that is if the sling runs out it has no place to go other than the empty big container. best bet is to carefully search the area it escaped at lift up every object etc. chances are good its doomed if your cat finds it before you do

Attachments

fcat

Arachnolord
Arachnosupporter
Maybe you should be keeping an eye on the cat too...

My cat obviously learned a valuable lesson at some point, he will sit and watch a scorpion for hours, and that's how I know it's a scorpion (I live in the desert). He also patiently waited at the hole his mouse friend entered into the house in case he came back inside lol (strangely the mouse friend never returned)

Just keep it in the back of your mind if you see your cat or dog sitting doing nothing but staring at the base of your couch or something!

If the T got any hairs off in close proximity they may be having a reaction....rubbing their face, sneezing, trouble breathing, drooling or runny noses/eyes. In case that helps your search any :(

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
agree with above post watching your cat is a good way to know if it found someting you know the total focus on an area

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
start figuring out how you botched this, and don't repeat. Learn from history or your next T will be condemned to repeat it.

ArachnoRasta

Arachnopeon
You absolutely positive it didn't bury itself in the box?

Allegedly they don't go far. When my G pulchra escaped I was able to follow a thin line of webbing down to the ground where she descended and follow it on the carpet a ways. Tore up that whole room no T. When 5 feet in the other direction out the door, T right there lol.

Lights off, temps down with a water dish under a red light bulb/heat lamp has been known to work?
Thank you, after stressing so much myself & my wife began to chill out & game on playstation, then after a while my wife turned on the light to get something from kitchen, then at the top of the wall by the terrariums near the ceiling was a spider, and happily it was my baby Brazilian white knee bird eater, so now he or she is back in where the T belongs, thank you for your help and support 😀

look all along the floor and walls, narrow nooks, etc... your chances are bad with a cat in the house, but who knows

any spots that are narrow and a little warmer than the rest
Found the T on the wall near ceiling tonight, thank you for your help and support 🙏

fcat

Arachnolord
Arachnosupporter
Thank you, after stressing so much myself & my wife began to chill out & game on playstation, then after a while my wife turned on the light to get something from kitchen, then at the top of the wall by the terrariums near the ceiling was a spider, and happily it was my baby Brazilian white knee bird eater, so now he or she is back in where the T belongs, thank you for your help and support 😀
So the one place we didn't tell you to check... you're welcome friend 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
after a while my wife turned on the light to get something from kitchen, then at the top of the wall by the terrariums near the ceiling was a spider, and happily it was my baby Brazilian white knee bird eater, so now he or she is back in where the T belongs, 😀
Congratulations to You & Wife on a successful Search and Rescue mission.

LilithArachne

Arachnopeon

Found the T on the wall near ceiling tonight, thank you for your help and support 🙏
Your T wanted a late night snack! I am happy you got your T back

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Hi today I went to feed my spiderlings & upon feeding my Brazilian white knee bird eater spiderling escaped and is roaming about my apartment in the 🇬🇧 I've looked everywhere & cannot spot the spiderling, the thing is I have a cat & dog and was wondering if anyone knows if these tarantulas are deadly to cats a dogs, please can anyone help me? Thank you
What the hell is a Brazilian white knee bird-eater? That is the most ridiculous common name.

Do you actually mean Acanthoscurria geniculata? Please use scientific names common names mean nothing.