Brazilian Black Sling.

Cryo

Arachnopeon
Ok so I have had my 2cm g pulchra sling for I want to say almost 2 weeks now and yesterday I took it out of its hide to check up on it since it covered the entrance half way and ever since it hasn't gone back inside.
Maybe it's in pre-molt? It hasn't eaten a thing since I got it.

Ok so I have had my 2cm g pulchra sling for I want to say almost 2 weeks now and yesterday I took it out of its hide to check up on it since it covered the entrance half way and ever since it hasn't gone back inside.
As a side note this I my first time having a tarantula and have done research but haven't seen this before. This is my second sling my first being a 0.5cm C Elegans.

Attachments

fcat

Arachnolord
Arachnosupporter
It doesn't look especially premolt in the picture ...at that size you should definitely see darkening of the abdomen and a nice sheen to it. But it will happen fast when it does.

What are the temps in your spider room?

Cryo

Arachnopeon
It doesn't look especially premolt in the picture ...at that size you should definitely see darkening of the abdomen and a nice sheen to it. But it will happen fast when it does.

What are the temps in your spider room?
Room temperature which is what multiple websites and videos suggested for grammastola pulchras

Room temperature which is what multiple websites and videos suggested for grammastola pulchras
If I can I can move it to a warmer space if required

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Room temperature- we are not mindreaders !🤣

looks plump sorta - wouldn’t worry yet, leave it alone

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
Wait

fcat

Arachnolord
Arachnosupporter
It's summer here so my AC is set to 78-79, but it gets a few degrees warmer in my spider room...and everyone is ravenous and molting like crazy over here.

If you said 65-70 I'd say move her to the top shelf where it's a few degrees warmer.

Reasons they barricade, usually:
Safety/shelter - if they feel their enclosure is too big
Premolt
To escape the elements - cold, heat, drought

Nothing wrong with it, but it can hamper growth on an already slow growing species.

She may still come out on a nightly basis, you can leave prekilled food at the entrance.

One obscure reason to fast is due to extreme dehydration. Just keep it in the back of your mind.

It's not uncommon for them to go months or even a year without eating or molting. You'll just have to deal with a little inchling calling the shots for a while 🤣

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
never a reason to lift or take its hide out just to check on it unless your about to rehouse or its got that dead t smell in the cage. its possible you destroyed its sense of a secure /safe burrow by doing that. and if you havent yet put that hide back into its cage so it can settle down and get comfortable in its home again.also some ts will not eat until they have gotten settled into a cage. do a whole lot more reading and make use of the search function on this site to. a shortcut you can do is just type your queston onto google search bar and it will bring up alot of links mostly just leading you back to here. good luck dont be too sensitive/offended over any blunt replies you might get here. we all want you to succeed