Brag about your little hunters!

Dielc4

Arachnopeon
I'm currently keeping my first T, a young g. Pulchripes. I think so far my favorite part of the experience is watching the little thing hunt. If anyone has any cool pictures or videos of their Ts hunting or feasting, I'd love to see! Mine always hunts in it's den, so I don't have any good pictures of it eating sadly, but it's very fascinating to watch.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
There aren’t really videos on that site but search my username on ig or tiktok there’s a bunch

Dielc4

Arachnopeon
No feeding thread is complete without a genic ofc. This is an old one and this particular T I recently sexed as female from her last molt, but here she is when she was smaller taking down a cricket around her size:
View attachment 446601

Next up, T apophysis:

View attachment 446602

And G pulchra:

View attachment 446603
Also interesting to notice that you directly tong feed your Ts. I just drop the cricket in and let it stumble into the clutches of my eager T. But then, my little g. Pulchripes has proven to be a voracious eater and I vicious hunter. It rarely leaves leftovers 🤣

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
No feeding thread is complete without a genic ofc. This is an old one and this particular T I recently sexed as female from her last molt, but here she is when she was smaller taking down a cricket around her size:
That genic can use a ton more space. They are far more fun to watch when they hunt down and attack their prey.

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
That genic can use a ton more space. They are far more fun to watch when they hunt down and attack their prey.
The first one? It's much bigger now lol. As I said this is an old video. It's molted several times since and confirmed it a female from her last molt. Here's her current setting

20230525_000006-01.jpeg

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
A. purpurea "Baby T"

C. versicolor "Baby Blue'

P. irminia "Spunk"

G. pulchra "Lava"

Bonus: same P. irminia, but bigger now

I love my bug hunters 🥰

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
Some of my guys:

C. versi female pouncing (shame you can't actually see the prey at all in this pic lol).
image_67220993 (1).JPG

Adult T. cyaneolum feasting.
image_50460673.JPG

G. pulchra small female with a mouthful.
image_50752769.JPG

B. emilia subadult female chowing down x2.
image_67197953.JPG
image_67506689.JPG

N. tripepii stuffing her face so bad you can't even see the worm anymore...
image_50731521.JPG

N. incei male emerging from the web tunnel to strike.
image_50742529.JPG

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Given the sorts of Ts I keep, I have my share of T feeding response stories, but the following Ts stand out not only because of their absolute ferocity but because they will hunt things you swear are too big for them.

My new Cyriopagopus sp. "Bach Ma" slings and Ornithoctoninae sp. "Vietnam Silver" slings have insane feeding responses. They regularly kill crickets their own size or larger (!!), and they don't even hesitate; the moment they sense the cricket they're on it. My three P. ornata slings are a very close second.

My genic sling has become ever more voracious with each molt, and after its most recent molt it has become an absolute killing machine-I saw it maul a cricket larger than its body (minus legs) just 20 minutes ago. This sling actually ate less than two days before its most recent molt.

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
Here's my second Idiothele mira, Iris, when she had just created her first trapdoor and I wanted to see if I could capture her using it for the first time. Spoiler: Iris did not disappoint.