Brachypelma vagans

Tavyn

Arachnopeon
My male B. vagans just died yesterday. I had him for 3.5 years. He was only about an inch across when I got him. He was sexually mature with hooks for about a year or maybe a little more before he died. This was my first T so I am not sure how long he should have lived? Is 3.5 years a good life span?

I definitely want to get another T. Anybody want to make a recomendation for a second T? The first was such a cool learning experience for me. Maybe a T that webs a little more than a vagans (he almost never webbed anything). I dont want the whole tank to be completely webbed over but a little bit would be cool.

Thanks in advance.

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
C. cyaneopubescens webs alot and as far as mine go are visible all the time.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm sorry you lost your B. vagans. I lost a MM a few weeks ago and went right out to get a little sling just like him... except, I hope this one's a girl! :)

All of my Lasiodoras are out in the open, but I've only seen the parahybana web a tiny bit... the difficilis are too tiny yet. My A. versicolor webs up her corner pretty much, but she's out at night.. hunting.

It depends on what you want, I suppose... arboreal or terrestrial or somewhere in between.