Brachypelma vagans webbing around the whole enclosure?

Hyeniik

Arachnopeon
Hello!
So, I bough two new babies... well, babies... to my family.
One lovely B. Emilia, still young, around 2 years, and then fully adult B. Vagans.

Now, the Vagans keeps walking around the whole enclosure on the glass walls and webs around and on the walls as she goes.

Is it normal? She shouldn´t hang around on walls, right?
Also, do B. Vagans web their enclosures? Do they web a lot? My B. Smithi that I had before nearly didn´t web at all.

I and my friend are super fascinated, but mostly freaked out.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hello!
So, I bough two new babies... well, babies... to my family.
One lovely B. Emilia, still young, around 2 years, and then fully adult B. Vagans.

Now, the Vagans keeps walking around the whole enclosure on the glass walls and webs around and on the walls as she goes.

Is it normal? She shouldn´t hang around on walls, right?
Also, do B. Vagans web their enclosures? Do they web a lot? My B. Smithi that I had before nearly didn´t web at all.

I and my friend are super fascinated, but mostly freaked out.
Some specimens will web more then others, it's not anything to worry about. I have a big female P.cancerides that webs like crazy, your individual is just setting up her new territory. ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A T webbing, is like asking if the human next to you is going to be a slob or not. No one ever knows till observed, and slobbery behavior is highly variable and subjective.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Im gonna be the guy that says its probably nothing to worry about, but pictures could prove otherwise.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Could you post pictures of your B.vagans? It could be just getting settled, but roaming and webbing can also be mature male behaviour in which case you were scammed into buying a mm for a female...

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My B.vagans male and female webbed a nice mat that covered a the majority of their enclosures including all the substrate and some of the hides. It seems like it helps them hunt and they well often replace it as they eat webbing where the prey was. I've not had them lay down a lot of webbing like my GBB does but both webbed a lot when setting up their mats.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
My B. Smithi that I had before nearly didn´t web at all.
P.cancerides that webs like crazy
My B.vagans male and female webbed a nice mat that covered a the majority of their enclosures including all the substrate and some of the hides.
All perfectly normal behaviour, my B. smithi liked to web up his enclosure, it was really neat to see mine doing this, all sp. are different from all genera.

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have 3 adult female vagans and they all are a little different. One barely webs anything, just enough to support her hole entrance. One wants to lay web all over everything but only flat against the ground, and especially over her water dish. The third has constructed an elaborate webbed three story cathedral from the top of the tank to the bottom. The one who webs the most is in a 1/3 10 gallon and the other two are in 1/2's so I'd imagine it has to do with the tank setup and size to a degree. The most webbed things among all my t's are any kind of decorative items I put in there, rocks or wood, so I've moved away from using those. It obviously varies on the individual too, but I find most web less after they reach a certain size and feel more secure in the open.