Brachypelma smithi Questions

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Would a warm spot of 84-85 be too warm for them? Are the easily bred in captivity?

thanks,
John

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Would a warm spot of 84-85 be too warm for them? Are the easily bred in captivity?

thanks,
John
In the summer those temps are fine. You might want to cool them some in the winter 70-75, hopefully the natural weather pattern will allow you to do that. Make sure they have water dishes. Thats a big must.
They are not easy to breed. Males are known to be big wimps. Females can be equally as picky. If a mating occurs thats only the beginning. They are known to eat sacs for seemingly no reason at all, sacs are also frequently infertile. They are one of the toughest Brachys to breed. But all you have to do is get it right once and you will get 500-1200 eggs.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are the most difficult Brachy to Bred, but is not impossible & if the temperature of the room is ok, you don't need a warm spot.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ofcourse they are not impossible I have 1800 eggs with legs right now and a 3rd sac cooking.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just the beginning

So let's see, if Ryan's 3rd sac results in let's say, 700 more egg/leg combo's, and if Ryan can feed/water/clean each sling vial in oh, say, 45 seconds, and he does this twice a week, I calculate that it will only take him about* 9 hours per day to accomplish this feat. Are you sure you want to breed smithi's??????? :)

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL, I don't think anyone needs to for a little while, Ryan seems to have it under control!!!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So let's see, if Ryan's 3rd sac results in let's say, 700 more egg/leg combo's, and if Ryan can feed/water/clean each sling vial in oh, say, 45 seconds, and he does this twice a week, I calculate that it will only take him about* 9 hours per day to accomplish this feat. Are you sure you want to breed smithi's??????? :)
Crap 9 hours a day lol.
Well at least they don't need water dishes for a while, so I have my trusty weed killer sprayer, that only has contained water. That thing lets me fly through my collection and get everyone watered quick.