Brachypelma mesomelas

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Martin. I was thinking it looked too big to be Brachypelma.

*adds Megaphobema mesomelas to tarantula wishlist*

Jon

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jon,
M. mesomelas is a very cool spider, check out www.walkwildside.com he had mesomelas for $45 it's about the cheapest I have seen this species. He has a good selection of species for sale. Good luck on finding everything on your wish list. What others are on your list?

Andy

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Jon,these are great T's .I got one from John Hoke ,unfortunatly I lost it after its 4th molt.I let its critter carrier get to dry:( .So now I have a 2" female Megaphobema peterklaasi. But I will be getting another M.mesomelas someday.they are a joy to watch pretty active ,like it moist,and are PIGS.
Doug.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow ... And yet another addition to my to-get-list =D

Ðennis

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That last picture posted in this thread is the brightest. Are the other ones all immature? Will all get the bright orange joints?

Jon

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh yeah, I read on e-spiderworld.com that is species is one of the hardest to take care of. Anyone want to tell me why?

Jon

Steve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

the first two pictures are are some subadult females.
I think keep them is not very heavy! I think the problem is, that somebody keep them to warm! I keep all my mesomelas at 20-22 degrees and very damp. But breed them is very hard! I try to breed them soon, if i get a male! Its my favorite species :)

Greetings
Steve
PS: Sorry for my bad lunguage

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't have this species, but I saw them in the wild in the mountains of Costa Rica. They were in burrows dug out of an embankment by a dirt road. It was surprising, the burrows were 2-3' above level ground. It was also surprisingly cool (high 60's f), considering it was June, so keeping them cool is probably a good idea. It was also very wet, foggy and almost perpetually raining.

Wade