Brachypelma Annithia?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Just discovered a larger, cooler looking version of Brachypelma Smithi that's equally as good for beginners. Where can I get a small female? I understand they're apparently rare. And do they live as long?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
they live as long as B smithi. check out the classifieds here, and the main T dealers in your country.

Last edited:

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
They are likely becoming a synonym for B. smithi btw so they seem to technically just be a smithi though likely a different population than we typically see as they exhibit slight color differences and may get ever so slightly larger. I doubt the reclassification will lead to them being clumped for sale as smithi but I'd like to see them being sold under a different label like B. smithi var. "annitha" or something to maintain accurate classification. here is a thread about the revision being published http://arachnoboards.com/threads/systematic-revision-of-brachypelma-red-kneed-tarantulas.287508/

Last edited:

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
I know someone right now with a small, sexed pair, for less than 100 bucks

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I know someone right now with a small, sexed pair, for less than 100 bucks
dang. I'm actually currently 18 and in college. I won't be able to get tarantulas for several years. I was hoping for sources that I could use in the future. Hearing about your friend with a small sexed pair makes me cringe lol

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
dang. I'm actually currently 18 and in college. I won't be able to get tarantulas for several years. I was hoping for sources that I could use in the future. Hearing about your friend with a small sexed pair makes me cringe lol
Why does it make you cringe?

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
That sounds a bit too good to be true, especially in Canada where an unsexed sling goes for $100.
I thought so too, so I inquired. Seems legit, and seller is a long time keeper and breeder, very knowledgeable, and was very up front. I guess well have to wait and see.

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
Super nice Brachy. not big into Brachy T's but I really do like Annitha and Schroederi.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I didn't know annitha had a triangle on the carapace...most pics I have seen of annitha showed a much lighter carapace overall, not the triangle. The biggest difference was the coloring on the legs, with annitha having more coloured joints than smithi.
Just my thoughts, I am by no means an expert :D