Brachypelma a webber?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I mean it certainly has the ability to web to that level if something environmentally leads it to be motivated to do so. Some of my “heavy Webbers” don’t web as much as they’re supposed to.

but I agree on making sure the species is what you were sold, you could have a Pterinochilus murinus for all anyone knows lol.

fcat

Arachnolord
Arachnosupporter
I will be insanely jealous if you really do have a brachypelma. Most of mine just sit there, even as slings 🤣 I cant remember a dense molt mat now that I'm thinking of it

And here I was focusing my efforts on getting them to burrow in captivity 🤣🤣

sparticus

Arachnoknight
Unlikely to be brachypelma. Get us a pic of the actual spider and we may be able to help more. That would be pretty atypical behavior, though.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
That’s more webbing then my brachypelmas did the entire time I kept them I’m down to 0 now.

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
Do brachypelmas, web a lot? I bought a brachypelma sling 3 weeks ago its hole is filled with alot of web.
Mine have never webbed for me like that. I don’t think you have a Brachypelma

jennywallace

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
I've never had a Brachypelma do that and I've had/do have many Brachys. Agree with others, it doesn't look like a Brachy.

Bangason

Arachnopeon
I also doubt i have a brachypelma and really think i may have just bought a baboo.

I am glad I came to ask, i might have tried holding it without knowing it is an old world sp.

I will post a picture of him once he comes out from hiding.

Finally got to see her come out from hiding. I am afraid of her escaping so i can only take pictures with the lid on. Is it a baboon?

Attachments

FatBadBay

Arachnopeon
Yeah definitely not a brachy. Kinda looks like a c. Darlingi or some other type of Baboon. But I'm not 100% .

Scoot

Arachnopeon
Very difficult to tell but my longshot would be some species of harpactira. Take care!

Bangason

Arachnopeon
Yay, good thing i asked. I might have handled her thinking she is an one of those new world SP!

I am a beginner and is not at all familiar TS. Appreciate all your help!