Brachy and red

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Helloes. I have a quick question for you, the in-the-knows, which goes likethis:

Different pics of different brachys show them from bleached orange, to almost dark red. This varies intra-specieingly too, to make that clear. I understand this is largely because Brachys are the most red when they've just molted, and tend to get bleached as time passes.

How red are the different species of Brachypelma, generally ?
Are Auratums and Boehmis redder than the rest, for example ?

Last edited:

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
From what I've seen, auratums are the brightest red, my boehmi is reddish but not any more than my emelia. All of them fresh from a molt are alot brighter, but the reddest I've seen is the auratum.

Andy

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehe, and did I live in earlier, perhaps happier times, would I say it's because the orange spots are so small on the Auratums, and relatively red, that the colour must have compressed.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
K, shameless bump. Someone is bound to be able to give me a somewhat correct account of the more familiar Brachypelma species' reddishness ?

Vulpina provided a great start, so comment and add and be happy.

Ever-growing mountains of attained knowledge is the burden of humankind, without us knowing why or actually caring much. So let's add some more!