Boudica is a sly... snake?

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Woke up to check on everyone, and noticed Boudica, my 10 week old BP was missing.. suspicious.. Oscar went missing for a while when I first got him, but he was gone for a month. I sprung into acting, first making sure she didn't burrow, then I look to my left...

and she's sitting on my desk, staring right at me! She's got her tail coiled around one of my speakers, so I unwrap her, and grab two bricks from the basement. It's overkill, but its better than her getting out.

She still hasn't shed... all she's got is the shed around her head, so she can eat and see and be a rambunctious little snake. Any tips for helping her out?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
You have to get your cageing situated.. Its fragile days for us snake keepers.. Escapes from even harmless species can still make the headlines wether its local or national it's bad P.R.

As for the stuck shed just run to office depot and grab a rubber thumb ( it's a soft latex money counter that goes on your finger) it looks like a rubber thimble.. Soak the snake in room temp water for about an hour and then use the rubber thumb to rub the shed off.. It's simple and will only take a few minutes..

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
You have to get your cageing situated.. Its fragile days for us snake keepers.. Escapes from even harmless species can still make the headlines wether its local or national it's bad P.R.

As for the stuck shed just run to office depot and grab a rubber thumb ( it's a soft latex money counter that goes on your finger) it looks like a rubber thimble.. Soak the snake in room temp water for about an hour and then use the rubber thumb to rub the shed off.. It's simple and will only take a few minutes..
Thanks! And she's got two bricks now, Oscar has 4, and has for the last 4 1/2 years.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
This guy's door is steel and opens inwards. Unlikely there is a door made except a bank vault's that he can't push open.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
The hazards of cellphone. One guy was holding a P door shut with his hand as repairs were being done while doing his PDA lobotomy. Snake pushed through at the bottom, notified him of the escape by wrapping around his ankle.

Willuminati

Arachnosquire
I keep most of my snakes in tubs within custom racks that I make, these two racks have a glass aquarium that I retrofit with a half plexiglass half screen top to maintain suitable humidity for BPs. The plastic tubs inside a rack system maintain a perfect humidity level, thanks to the heat tape that provides belly heat along the back of the rack, that can be easily bumped up with an extra misting or two ,which is what I do when they are in shed, as for the snEk that stays in the tank, she has a cold side with a hide and a hot side with a UTH pad over a rock hide that sits on top of a thick layer sphagnum moss(coco fiber base layer to create a HOTnHUMID hide for times when she needs a bit of extra hydration before a shed. Never had an escape from the racks since they are babyproofed for my daughter, but once I left the top of the tank slightly open and that snake made a quick escape, woke us during the night by tipping over a picture frame that sat on the upper shelves of a 8 foot tall bookcase and I ended his life, as a snek on da loose.
image.jpeg
Lates.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
Thanks! And she's got two bricks now, Oscar has 4, and has for the last 4 1/2 years.
Putting bricks on a lid is a terrible way to try to contain an animal that is all muscle. You need something that can't be popped off or a rack system.