bolus + Burrowers

shogun8

Arachnopeon
I have a few T's that burrow and whenever I feed them they bring their prey down into their burrows to feast. But the problem is that after they are done eating, they leave the bolus at the bottom of their burrowers making it impossible for me to access their burrow and remove the bolus. I know for a fact there are scraps down there because I am able to see clearly into the bottom of their burrows (Lucky they built near the sides). I do not want to destroy their burrow to remove them so I was wondering if there was anything that can be done to remove the bolus. I already had mites with my OBT sling thus I immediately removed her old substrate and gave her new stuff. Just trying to avoid anymore mites.

Thanks

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Leave it be, they'll clean house when they feel its time.

shogun8

Arachnopeon
what about if I get a mite problem like I did with my OBT never cleaning out their burrowers or bringing bolus back to the surface?

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you've experienced mold, then I'd suggest more ventilation or less water in the substrate. Perhaps put some holes around the sides of your enclosure below substrate level (appropriately sized of course). Like Bigboy said, my burrowers will have a spring clean every now and then and dump their trash up top.