Bolivian steely blue vs Pamphobeteus sp goliath

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Anyone have any ideas which one of these species can get larger or are they about the same size full grown?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
From what I know antinous usually gets to around the 8" mark... I am unsure of sp. goliath, I have yet to see this sp.

Ran

Arachnoknight
I have seen both as adults and size wise about the same. I have a SD goliath but I think the P. antinous are a better looking T. The SD's are coffee colored, the antinous are jet black with a bluish tint with reddish settae on their abdomens.

cold blood

Staff member
There are two locations of collection for antinous. Bolivian populations are reportedly larger, and in that case, should be about the same size as goliath. The other Peruvian population however, is supposed to be smaller...or not as large would probably be a better way to say it.

cold blood

Staff member
I have seen both as adults and size wise about the same. I have a SD goliath but I think the P. antinous are a better looking T. The SD's are coffee colored, the antinous are jet black with a bluish tint with reddish settae on their abdomens.
I totally agree that antinous is the better looking of the two.

Kvothe

Arachnopeon
my goliath female is was a ugly brown but is now big and black - she kicks hairs and is a beast at eating stuff..