bloody cats :<

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:mad: I returned from a shower this morning, only to find crappin cat crouched on the floor patting at the small pet pal tank of my Usambara 1"

even worse, the cat has knocked its tank off a 2foot high stand, so the whole tank is very messed up... i checked around, the spider is ok, but i cant get it in a 'deli cup' as its too skitterish... this spider is the only one i have that makes me jump when it darts towards me, so any suggestions?

I may resort to leaving the tank as it is; a pile of earth with some fake plants mixed in and a just visible half flower pot...

:'(

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't think you have much reason to worry about it at 1 inch. Mine really didn't start getting aggressive until 1.75 - 2 inches.

Or if the delicup is small enough, stick it in there and make him move in.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Put the pet pal in a larger container, like a rubber maid tub.
Open it and let the demon out.
Lid it and fix the pet pal.
When ready open the tub and put a deli cup over the little monster, slide the lid underneath and put it back in the pet pal.
It's how I moved Keoche from a small contaner into a larger one.

Hope this helps.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by deifiler
:mad: I returned from a shower this morning, only to find crappin cat crouched on the floor patting at the small pet pal tank of my Usambara 1"

even worse, the cat has knocked its tank off a 2foot high stand, so the whole tank is very messed up... i checked around, the spider is ok, but i cant get it in a 'deli cup' as its too skitterish... this spider is the only one i have that makes me jump when it darts towards me, so any suggestions?

I may resort to leaving the tank as it is; a pile of earth with some fake plants mixed in and a just visible half flower pot...

:'(
I know what you mean with overly curious cats. The little mister pictured below was trying to mess with my 2 inch Cobalt Blue with disasterous results to him, not the spider. He's had a run in with my Chilean Rosehair as well. He just will not learn that tarantulas at a significan size can hurt him. He's such a stupid cat.

Attachments

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
GRRRRRRRRRR! &*$%# CATS!!

My dumb you know what of a cat knocked over a giant deli
container of crickets! I'm still finding the darn things. Every time
I turn around there's one on my foot or I see one on the other side of the room. I'll be chasing these things for days!

Infact, one just ran under the desk, and the cat went after it!
:eek: :eek: He ate it!:eek:
Stupid cat!! LOL!
This is better than the cat nip episode! LOL!!:) :}

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Re: GRRRRRRRRRR! &*$%# CATS!!

Originally posted by sunnymarcie

This is better than the cat nip episode! LOL!!:) :}

Cat nip is pot for cats. I kid you not.:)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Will knock crickets off of anything, I have locked them in CLOSETS... he opens doors.

Endlessly fascinated with Ts, have squirted him so much he's soggy.... will not learn.

Gotta love their perserverance!!!

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think after Mo-Mo was assaulted by both my Rosehair and my Cobalt Blue, he's starting to learn to look through the clear, non perforated areas of the enclosure. I still want to kill that cat though.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The most T curious of our four orange fuzzy monsters.
But even She won't actualy mess with the tanks.
She looks from the floor but runs away when they move.
Too many nips on the nose from when the ferrets were small.
Made the cats Very very wary of smaller critters.
They run from the hamsters....
But Seven LOOKs.

Attachments

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is it called seven because its been ran over twice and has only seven lives left?

That's me using my logic so I won't be suprise dif I'm wrong...:p

I've never tried catnip for mine, one of my retarded-felines goes nuts if you give it some cardboard, it chews it to get the fish paste out of it :/