just a hint so u know:D

jere000

Arachnosquire
have u ever heard the word read or search before u boy?:evil::embarrassed:

lol just saying

not trying to be mean or anything

I search a lot before I buy a new pet;P

just a hint so u know:D
Since the OP already has the snake this is obviously not going to help Mhm kay Captain Hindsight.;P

AprilH

Petridish
Old Timer
I realize that it doesn't affect the care, but again that is a P. brongersmai, not a curtus (The article reclassifying them as species was published in 2001). If you read the article, genetically, P. curtus is much much more closely related to P. breitensteini than brongersmai.

An example of this from the 2001 Keogh et al. paper:
In terms of cytochrome b mitochondrial DNA sequence data, brongersmai is almost as distant genetically from the short-tailed pythons (8.9% divergence) as is the reticulated python (P. reticulatus: 10.3% divergence). The other two taxa (P. breitensteini from Kalimantan and P. curtus from western and southern Sumatra) are closely related (3% divergence), despite their disjunct distribution (separated by P. brongersmai).
Blood pythons (P. brongersmai) have a lot of color variation. Babies are not nearly as colorful as adults, and that looks like a regular blood baby to me. It's not going to be a colorful adult - probably just a duller brown/yellow snake, but the pattern and color look nothing like a P. curtus.

It's very possible that all the food suggestions may not be needed. I'm guessing that it may just be a husbandry issue stressing out the snake and making it refuse food. We still don't know how the OP is keeping it. If there are improvements to make, that would play a big part in getting it feeding.

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good info thanks! I have not read that, what paper did that come from?

I realize that it doesn't affect the care, but again that is a P. brongersmai, not a curtus (The article reclassifying them as species was published in 2001). If you read the article, genetically, P. curtus is much much more closely related to P. breitensteini than brongersmai.

An example of this from the 2001 Keogh et al. paper:

Blood pythons (P. brongersmai) have a lot of color variation. Babies are not nearly as colorful as adults, and that looks like a regular blood baby to me. It's not going to be a colorful adult - probably just a duller brown/yellow snake, but the pattern and color look nothing like a P. curtus.

It's very possible that all the food suggestions may not be needed. I'm guessing that it may just be a husbandry issue stressing out the snake and making it refuse food. We still don't know how the OP is keeping it. If there are improvements to make, that would play a big part in getting it feeding.