blondi cant climb

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i will see if i can find the site i saw the clips on. and i myself have fed my T.Blondi a bird. it was a paraket or however you spell it.

Ron_K

Arachnopeon
Mattyb said:
they do eat birds...and what i explained is true...i seen this on animal planet and clips of it on the internet. I've also talked to a few entomologists about it.
The only show I have seen with a T eating a bird was of a Avic species eating a baby bird out of a nest. Just because some species (aboreal) may eat birds, do to the fact that they already live in trees and will eat anything they can catch, does not mean that all T's will climb a tree to eat birds. Due to the extreme size of a T. blondi, it is very doubtful that in nature it would climb to any appreciable height in order to get a meal thereby risking death. a T.blondi would probably eat an injured or baby bird if it was found within proximity of the ground.

Ron_K

Pedro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
feeding a T a bird and it actively going out and hunting one are 2 different things .i would like to see it in the wild.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mattyb said:
i will see if i can find the site i saw the clips on. and i myself have fed my T.Blondi a bird. it was a paraket or however you spell it.
>>You actually fed your spider a parakeet??I think you took a big chance there of injuring your spider if you did.Have you ever taken a bite from a parakeet.Even for their small size their hooked bills are quite nasty...very sharp and strong...sharp and strong enough to kill,let alone "easily" injure your spider.I think "if" I had the need/urge to feed my spider a bird I'd stick with something along the lines of a small canary or finch and make sure the spider is definitely big enough to easily take it down.I'd not feed it a hook billed bird for sure.Too risky.

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I guess he was lucky there. I really want to see something about a blondi eating a bird too. That would be awesome but i doubt it.

Runaway987

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Blondi cant climb glass but can vvv nearly make it to freedom by climbing the sealant along the corners.

Atalanta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Runaway987 said:
My Blondi cant climb glass but can vvv nearly make it to freedom by climbing the sealant along the corners.

Interesting...mine has attempted to use that as well as the humidity gage to gain leverage. Pretty creative escape attempts!

Runaway987

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah its pretty mad watching this fat arse spider levering himself up a thin blueish line using 2 legs, looks like some bad arnie movie or something...

Atalanta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is a funny sight. When mine slides down the glass, he gets frustrated and hisses before attempting another climbing feat.

I hiss back and tell him he's terrestrial.

armstrong82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks for all the great replies to my question everyone. im not sure if my blondi is a she or a he, and it is indeed on new substrate, being that i just bought him/her a short time ago.