Blind tarantula

Eboz1105

Arachnopeon
Hi
its the new substrate packed down.Ts dont like loose substrate. Is there any chance she has been exposed to chemicals such as flea treatments, paint fumes ,smoke ... .That can cause erratic movements. Look up DKS .
Share some pics of the enclosure please.
Regards Konstantin

Eboz1105

Arachnopeon
The only thing that has been sprayed was a diluted lavender spray that we use on our pillows at night. Our bed is about 6 feet away from her enclosure and the spray is sprayed directly on our pillows, not in the air. I patted the substrate down but she's moved it again. Someone mentioned she is stuck in a molt but she gets up after a few minutes on her back. I was going to clean her tank before all this craziness started but I don't wanna stress her out anymore.

Attachments

Polenth

Arachnobaron
The only thing that has been sprayed was a diluted lavender spray that we use on our pillows at night. Our bed is about 6 feet away from her enclosure and the spray is sprayed directly on our pillows, not in the air. I patted the substrate down but she's moved it again. Someone mentioned she is stuck in a molt but she gets up after a few minutes on her back. I was going to clean her tank before all this craziness started but I don't wanna stress her out anymore.
Lavender is not something you want around your pets. Natural is not the same as safe. I'd suggest moving her to a different room and see if that resolves it. This other room should have nothing like that: no sprays, scented candles, incense, air fresheners, essential oils... as scent free as it can be.

Remember your hands can also transfer stuff like that. There's no reason to touch her right now, but if there's an emergency, wash your hands well in plain water.

Also, where did this lizard come from? Do you breed them as feeders or use wild ones?

Jess S

Arachnobaron
If you can manage to video her movements next time you try to feed her, that would be very helpful.

As it's hard to tell from a photo, it'd be a good idea for you to double check that your substrate is high enough to prevent a fall injury. Substrate to the lid should be no more than 1.5 times the diagonal leg span of the tarantula (diagonal leg span is the length of the tarantula from the tip of the back leg, to the tip of the front leg on the opposite side, when all the legs are stretched out. You'll probably have to estimate this measurement a bit).

Eboz1105

Arachnopeon
My fiance got the lizard from outside as like all of her meals. I don't really have anywhere to move her to. She has been on her back for the past couple days as if to molt. But her movements are starting to diminish. I am preparing myself for a funeral. 😭😭😭 Thanks to all the help y'all gave me. I am also wondering if she is a MM. She/he is 4 years old.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
We discourage against feeding anything that's been caught outside, as there is no way of knowing what that prey item may have come in contact with, possibly a contaminant, poison, insecticide or parasite that can harm a tarantula .

However, just want to say how sorry I am. All you can do is make your t comfortable now. Put a drop of water on the mouth daily. If it's being sucked in then repeat as she's drinking.
Then leave in peace and quiet, try to limit unnecessary disturbance.

Eboz1105

Arachnopeon
She passed a couple hours ago. She's no longer reacting to vibrations and she's in a death curl on her back. Had her for 4 years. 😭😭