Blind spider?

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
I have reason to believe that my running crab spider is blind due to it being scared of food and only sometimes eating pre-killed. Is there any special ways I should change it's enclosure to make it more comfortable? I can provide pictures when I get home if needed but I'm not home at the moment.

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
Maybe you’re feeding too large prey
I've been feeding it prey that's significantly smaller than it, I'm thinking it's blind because when I took a closer look at where it's eyes should be I didn't see anything.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've been feeding it prey that's significantly smaller than it, I'm thinking it's blind because when I took a closer look at where it's eyes should be I didn't see anything.
That’s an important DETAIL left out of your OP 🤣🙄🤣

gzophia

Arachnoknight
Woah, what? I'd love to see a closeup image; that's so weird!
Some of these spiders have VERY small eyes, by the way. Barely visible!

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Maybe I'm the one without eyes but I don't see a spider in the first pic...

How big is this buddy

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
On the second pic is what is your spider hanging off is that an eggsac?

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
Maybe I'm the one without eyes but I don't see a spider in the first pic...

How big is this buddy
Ik, it's really hard to see in the first pic, but it's wasn't in the greatest position to take a picture, it's about 2-3 inches maybe a little more it blends in really well with the substrate.

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
I was gonna say that too; is the photo cropped correctly?
I was in a bit of a hurry when I took it and it wasn't in the best position for a picture, I can better edit it though or take better ones in the morning.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
It is not an eggsac, it's a clump of substrate suspended in web.
Fair enough thought it might have been as the spider is hanging off it and it would of explained the no eating mums on a sac rarely eat. But very curious to see a better picture no eyes is something I haven't seen before.

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
Fair enough thought it might have been as the spider is hanging off it and it would of explained the no eating mums on a sac rarely eat. But very curious to see a better picture no eyes is something I haven't seen before.
Yea, that's why I'm so confused about it, like I'm worried for the spider but I hope I'm wrong and I've just been offering the wrong food.