Blatta lateralis as feeders?

ShawnH

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feed about 17 of my T's B lateralis, the other 10 or so T's I have get discoids or dubias usually. I keep about 8 sp. of roaches atm but mostly feed spiders The lateralis. I havent had any problem with them infesting.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't keep them on any substrate or any extra humidity and they still smell for me. The nymphs are nice for slings, but they are so dang fast I don't see them worth for much. This sp. is also notroious for fasting so whether or not you have food for them around your house isn't a huge factor in their survival. Just my 2¢ ~ Rex

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
heh... yes these guys can survive at least a month without any food or water!
i was using the word "infest" in the "rapid proliferation" sense of the word, and in order to grow and breed, they do indeed need food! ;)

cheers! :D
- munis

I don't keep them on any substrate or any extra humidity and they still smell for me. The nymphs are nice for slings, but they are so dang fast I don't see them worth for much. This sp. is also notroious for fasting so whether or not you have food for them around your house isn't a huge factor in their survival. Just my 2¢ ~ Rex