Black light question

Gracilis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im going to buy a portable black light but i was wondering what u guys use or which one is better? ive found a flashlight one

called "Arachnid A28 - Ultra Violet 28 LED Scorpion Class Blacklight Flashlight"

which looks pretty cool.. but then i aslo see the 6 inch long black light bulbs.... does it really matter? pros and cons?

this is for hunting not for my scorp tanks...

Last edited:

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my first one was an expensive one lol, now I go to the farm store and get 8 LED ones for $6 and they work fine and being cheap seem nearly as good.

snappleWhiteTea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
if its for hunting its obviously better to get one that covers more ground.
http://www.scorpionhunter.com/ they got soem stuff, u can even just ask them stuff to.

i got a little 8.99 thing @ true value, it works fine for me, i don't conquer south American jungles or any thing.

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, this is the first time I've heard of the flash lights being cheap! I always thought you had to spend $40 or more to get one!! I've always hunted them in my yard with a regular flash light, well, that and an led one. But hearing this, maybe I'll have to run out some this before it gets cold and get one!!!!

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, this is the first time I've heard of the flash lights being cheap! I always thought you had to spend $40 or more to get one!! I've always hunted them in my yard with a regular flash light, well, that and an led one. But hearing this, maybe I'll have to run out some this before it gets cold and get one!!!!
I should have never clicked on your signature :(

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What??? Feel okay??? lol
Must get it out of my head :wall:

wrong, just wrong!

btw, get one that gives out the most light...some really suck, making you get up close before seeing a scorp.

Last edited:

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Don't get/use the fluorescent tubes - they put out the light in too diffuse of a pattern. I used to use them before the LEDs flashlights came out - The modern UV LED lights are the way to go and will last many many hours on batteries.

The LED's generally have a spotlight pattern that is usually more intense and does not light up everything in the desert (or you or your eyeballs) which tends to screw up your night vision.

John
];')

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I use the same flashlight as the OP is referencing -- it works great for hunting, although the contacts in the switch became fouled after a while. I had to take the whole thing apart and clean the contacts, but in putting it together the switch only functions in "dead-man" mode (at least now I can't accidentally leave it on all night!).