Black Emperor Pregnancy! Need Advice!

ZodiacalMantid

Arachnopeon
Hey there. I just acquired 2 Black Emperor Scorpions, and one of these girls, whom I aptly named 'Mum,' is heavily pregnant.
Or at least I believe so. Her lower sector is very much distended and she's showing a lot of skin. (Har har. First post and I made a funny.)

The other one, named Zodiac, I think is in an earlier stage of pregnancy as she is also bloated, but less than Mum is. I did ask about it but the staff were unsure as to when the last male they had had departed, as these two girls were the only ones available.
Both of them seem rather slow for scorpions and have difficulty catching their crickets, especially Mum.

I did hold it for them and they ate them.
But yes. Is there anything I can do for the pregnant one? Special care?

ZodiacalMantid

Arachnopeon
The words "distended" and"bloated" worry me.
Okay, I guess a better word is swollen.
Basically all the information I see is about after they are born.
I need to know, should the mother be kept separate to give birth?
I need to know about the pregnancy, and what to do to facilitate a healthy birth. The staff told me nothing. =/
I've had tarantulas before, but these are my first scorpions.

Arachno Kid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I dont know what to say to you bud, swollen could also mean gastrieal compaction (spelling?) but in this case I would guess gravid, I would seperate them well their gravid do to the fact I have heard they are a bit moody at times like that, Females go balistic.... anyways, update us a little

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
...I need to know, should the mother be kept separate to give birth?
I need to know about the pregnancy, and what to do to facilitate a healthy birth...
...I would seperate them well their gravid do to the fact I have heard they are a bit moody at times like that, Females go balistic...
I have/had two emps that are gravid. the one who looked the fattest is still pregnant. the other who only started to show gave birth last month. As far as separating... the first one who was looking gravid the longest did show signs of aggression so I separated her. the other who I thought wasn't that far along was kept communally with no signs of aggression. That is where she gave birth, in the tank with 3 other emps.

So in short they don't need to be separated, they could be if you prefer, and it is probably the best thing in the long run. :?

As far as facilitating a healthy birth, my tank was kept at low to high 80°F all the time, and humid 80-90% and she birthed just fine in there. :D