Blaberus fusca "dwarf cave roach"

Aquanut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Curious what anyone can tell me a bit about this roach. How does it compare to Discoids in care etc. I'm particularly interested in its temperament/how mellow it is. Thinking about using it primarily as a pet/display roach for some kids but would also like to have it grow fast enough to generate some feeders. I'm on the fence between this one and the Peppered Roach, but it grows and breeds so slow. (and i'm cheap)

thanks

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They are a little faster moving than the giganteus, but are almost the same care wise except for size. They grow a little faster too. I keep them as pets and they are hardy.

Aquanut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry, did you mean Discoid?? Ive never kept a Giganteus

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
fusca

Fusca breed very well for a blaberus species. They grow pretty quick and are the smae moving speed as dicoids or any of the other blaberus. There are also many fusca/craniifer hybrids which breed even better. I think mixing the two subs has created a stonger species.
James

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry, did you mean Discoid?? Ive never kept a Giganteus

No, I meant Fusca.

I agree with what James said, afterall the roaches I have are his and they are very healthy.

I keep giganteus and fusca in the same tank. I dont breed them there just pets, but they do live for a long time, I have adults over a year old already!