bizarre things in my AGB enclosure..

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
While yes, I will be moving my AGB (African Giant Black millie) into a new large enclosure, I saw something odd last night. I lifted the lid, and there were these hair-like, white wormish things, waving around. They were protruding from the soil. As the light hit them, they partially pulled into the soil. What are these?
Btw, I'm getting some of those predatory mites, you were referring to, Wade. The mites on Neela may be symbiotic, but the very word "mites", alarms me...
Peace,
Gillian

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
I saw something odd last night. I lifted the lid, and there were these hair-like, white wormish things, waving around. They were protruding from the soil. As the light hit them, they partially pulled into the soil. What are these?
Gillian
What the heck , never seen those , definately not not normal i would use some tweezers to pull em out and see what they are.

And get your millis out asap!

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Bob,
I did, as soon as I sent the email. Unfortunately, no save on the creepy things. I threw it in the dumpster outside, and soaked the container in steaming water. On a positive note, my AGB loves its new container.
Peace,
Gillian

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My guess would be some sort of fly or gnat larvae. Dumping them was probably a good move.

Wade