BioActive OBT Setup Ideas.

gabrieldezzi

Arachnosquire
Mine wouldn't even touch moist substrate, dug to it as a sling, but no farther. Not the best candidate for bioactive. Then I think something was on the airplant I put in and it died. Be careful... I'm only using cuttings I propagate myself, or plants from an actual person I know, that doesn't use pesticides.
Mine refuses to as well. Not the best candidate for bio active

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
So many opinions, so many claiming to be correct.
Surely this means that the OBT is an extremely adaptable spider!
Maybe we should be singing the praises of this beautiful creature and focussing on how it thrives in so many different environments.
I guess there are so many success stories and so few failures because of the hardiness of the OBT and NOT the claimed "expertise" of the owner.
Just saying..
I was talking about the care of the plants moreso than the spider. Plants covered in web and tunnels in a tiny enclosure mostly won't survive ;) Light hitting the leaves will be a tricky part unless it's a bigger enclosure.

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Honestly, it requires more work to make the enclosure "bioactive" than to make a regular old enclosure. It's all up to preference though and experimentation can be good, when done correctly. If you manage to pull off a "bioactive" OBT enclosure let us know. That being said, I do not believe there is a lot of information regarding bioactive OBT set ups. Cool idea though and I'm sure if it is done properly it will be an awesome enclosure. Best of luck and good health to you and your pals.