Biggest T on board?

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
OK, OK! ;) Here she is... Can is for scale, she doesn't usually partake of Dr. Pepper.
Wow that thing is pretty large Bill

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This whole time I thought you were talking about a P. regalis :rolleyes:

She's a beaut!

Jim B.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here's a pic of my L. parahybana enjoying a late night snack. Couldn't get the ruler pinted in the right direction. She was being extremely fiesty!

She's about 7"

Attachments

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
I never got around to taking a picture of my T. blondi Max (now, alas, deceased) with a ruler, but here's a picture of her with a golf ball. I'd estimate she was between 9 and 10" diagonal legspan at her apogee.

Joy

Last edited:

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My largest T...

Phillip whats your largest T you have right now

Haven't actually got her to sit still on the ruler as of yet but in fairness haven't tried that much. :) Largest of mine would be my Blondi at somewhere in the 9 plus range roughly the size of the one in Bills pic. ( By the way Bill very nice don't see the ruler actually near the T often enough and the can was a nice touch ) I'll have to wait and get a ruler underneath pic however as she is digging in what I believe to be the beginnings of an egg sack laying indention and I'm not going to disturb her until she's done. Rest assured though I'll get pics of her soon for size and I'll go ahead and get some other species as I get the chance in the next little while.

Also I have to agree with Bill that a true measurement is tough to get however I don't try to go by fully spread out on a species that doesn't stand that way normally as it really doesn't represent the amount of space they typically take up. I am also not big on the molt measurement thing since that seems to add size to them simply by being flattened and stretched to the max.

Phil

Last edited:

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The biggest tarantula I've ever seen has (both times) been male T. apophysis. The last one I had died a couple of months ago, but it was enormous (not as fat as the female blondi picced previously, but far longer-legged). I'd guess 10.5" at least.

bill

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I lack a decent cam to provide a pic right now, but my A.seemani is currently my biggest. I had her in a temp enclosure while cleaning and replacing the substrate in her normal one and she spanned the length of it in a fairly relaxed position and it is measured at 6".