Big shipping problum.

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh and dont worry about the shipping. My mailman brings packages to the door.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hears something

y in the world do some ppl charge as lil as 6$ for shiping. while others ask for 20 dollers!!

i just send roaches out today, and for nexday it was over 40$$!!!!!!!!
2 day was only 19$, still a bit much... but alot of online dealers ask for 20 for nextday.
help me understand this plzz :S

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
USPS express (mail man) is only $18-$20 and priority (2-3 days) is only $5-$7but you can only use those for roaches and spiders. Not snakes.
Most people (my self included) use priority mail for small orders (under $70 , and express for more expensive ones. Unless the buyer realy wants it express. Most mailmen bring packages up the your front porch...

~Samuel

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a T shipped to me from a breeder that was not delivered at the promised time, over night....and I called everywhere to try to find the package...i had the tracking number, but the usps was no help..:wall: They were confused as to the whereabouts as well, which infuriated me..I had waited all day for this package....finally I see the mail man at 6 pm putting a box in my mailbox...i live in MI!!!! It is freezing outside. I ran out to tell him that there were animals inside and I needed the box...thats when he noticed the express label and realized he was supposed to get a signature upon delivery, which he forgot...the T would have been dead by the time I checked my mail which is usually every morning...The T would have spent the night in the cold mailbox! I wouldnt have thought to check my mailbox that evening, because I was told it was being shipped overnight by noon next day...I was expecting someone to bring me a package! This in no way is the sellers fault that USPS doesnt do their job. The T had some damage to her legs and feet and was almost completely bald, but I couldnt hold the seller at fault...they did their part...USPS should be held responsible somehow for these mistakes! The T is still in bad shape, but alive. I think its not ur fault-u should put in a complaint to USPS, and then explain to the buyer that u did your part...this is out of your hands. It is a frustrating situation for all, I know! But u shipped a product to someone just like u would anyone else....

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Bear Foot, you still don't owe him a thing. Period. End of story.

You did everything you were obligated to do, and then some. He decided to wait for a theoretical 10 days before checking his mail box, it's his loss. Chalk it up to experience and ignore his emails. This thread is testament to you bending over backwards and then some to try to please him.

So if he wants to continue the threat discourse, he can come over here and get his arse handed to him or shut the heck up and live with his mistake, not yours.

It was HIS responsibility to:
- Check the shipping method before ordering...
- Check his mailbox every day, because its what normal people do...

He didn't do any of the above, so screw him. You can't cater to idiots. You've offered a more than fair restitution, and if he didn't take it, again it's his loss.

Spider Man v2.0, how old are you? Try learning how to spell properly, it might help your posts convey some sort of seriousness. I really don't put much stock into lazy-speak, and I'm sure others don't either. Not trying to be harsh, just pointing out that we spell words a certain way for a reason. If I wanted hick speek I'd go to the local cafe and get a full day's ration of it. There just isn't any excuse for not typing properly (unless you're a foreigner).

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks guys for the kind words. He has now dropped from site and I've not heard from him in a few weeks so i think i'm good. It is a pain when the USPS does not do there part but that is a risk. I usuly have the mail man pick my boxes up at my house. Unless i have 4-5 and then i drop them off.
~Samuel

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how do u have them pic packegas up??

do u have to singe up for it over the net then thay pic it up or something?

pinktoe23

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hears something

y in the world do some ppl charge as lil as 6$ for shiping. while others ask for 20 dollers!!

i just send roaches out today, and for nexday it was over 40$$!!!!!!!!
2 day was only 19$, still a bit much... but alot of online dealers ask for 20 for nextday.
help me understand this plzz :S
hi,

Shipping prices will vary depending on the carrier. Fed Ex and UPS charge a lot more for express shipping(overnight) than USPS since Fed Ex and UPS are private own companies, I suppose. Usps express (overnight) rates start at $14.95 which I consider to be much more reasonable than the other two and they guarantee the arrival of your package before noon or on certain locations before 3pm. If a seller charges more than $15 is because they also have to add to that cost all the shipping materials they have to use for your package such as hardy boxes, vials, heat or cold packs, tape etc... to pack your spiders or scorps as best as possible to ensure their safety in there.

that’s how it works, hope you can understand this better now:)

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi,

Shipping prices will vary depending on the carrier. Fed Ex and UPS charge a lot more for express shipping(overnight) than USPS since Fed Ex and UPS are private own companies, I suppose. Usps express (overnight) rates start at $14.95 which I consider to be much more reasonable than the other two and they guarantee the arrival of your package before noon or on certain locations before 3pm. If a seller charges more than $15 is because they also have to add to that cost all the shipping materials they have to use for your package such as hardy boxes, vials, heat or cold packs, tape etc... to pack your spiders or scorps as best as possible to ensure their safety in there.

that’s how it works, hope you can understand this better now:)
The $14.95 is if you can keep the box under 8 ounces... That is almost impossible since a 40 hour heat pack is around 4 ounces. After that it jumps to $18 and goes up from there...