Between a rock and a hard place

Pokie1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I put an ornamental rock in the tank for decoration. It seems my G. rosea sees it as so much more. Sometimes she will stick her prosoma in one hole and a leg through another. It is rather comical. She spends a lot of time in, under and on the rock. She even wedges herself between the rock and the glass. I never imagined she would dig it so much. Between the rock and her water dish, I don't even see why she has a burrow. She never uses it LOL Oh and did I mention, she likes to climb plants. What a fascinating creature.

Anyone else have a similar experience with their G. rosea?

Pokie1

Attachments

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
REecently mine has been webbing up the substrate under her cork bark rolling it into little balls and piling them up into another corner of the tank! :? She's mad I tells ya :eek:

Pokie1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Crunchy, that is funny. I heard they do that with burrows in the wild. But I gotta ask: WHY? LOL I am learning more about T. behavior from the rosie than I ever would from my A. seemanni (who does nothing interesting) except run around bumping into everything everytime he gets spooked which is often. LOL

Yep. I appreciate Sunset more every day. What a character! Plus she lets me play with her all night. If I was a spider I might be interested. {D

Pokie1

Last edited: