Best way to give water to smaller spiders?

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Hello! I have a couple Herpyllus ecclesiasticus, and I was wondering the best way to give them water. I currently use a water bowl, but I was wondering if it would be better to mist a small area, or use a pipette to add some water drops, since this is closer to how they would get water in the wild. Thoughts?

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
I would use the pipette method, every couple of days I offer some to my tiny slings, if they're webbers, I just add a few to the web. Once I see them drink, I'll wait a while to do it again. I also use dollhouse bowls of water for the very tiny ones.

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Thank
I would use the pipette method, every couple of days I offer some to my tiny slings, if they're webbers, I just add a few to the web. Once I see them drink, I'll wait a while to do it again. I also use dollhouse bowls of water for the very tiny ones.
Thanks! I'm not a fan of the water bowls because fruit flies get trapped easily and they don't look great, so I'll try out pipettes :)

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I very very lightly mist. They don’t appreciate it when it’s happening but my smaller trues usually drink afterward ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello! I have a couple Herpyllus ecclesiasticus, and I was wondering the best way to give them water. I currently use a water bowl, but I was wondering if it would be better to mist a small area, or use a pipette to add some water drops, since this is closer to how they would get water in the wild. Thoughts?
Drop wise with a dropper

azal

Arachnopeon
Some slings do drown if the drop is too large. So a wet cotton ball maybe