Best stands to put T enclosures on.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Maybe now, but when your .5" sling is 1" after 2-3 years, you may be rethinking your decision ;)
But they're cute and I want mine to live long. What age do they start stridulating/threat posturing? It would be hilarious to see a teeny pipsqueak spider hiss at me with its teeny tiny fangs

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
But they're cute and I want mine to live long. What age do they start stridulating/threat posturing? It would be hilarious to see a teeny pipsqueak spider hiss at me with its teeny tiny fangs
Never kept one, but probably at about 2-3". But trust me, they will take quite a few years to even reach that size. Long is an understatement for them, 30+ years is pretty average. Maybe just want to buy a 2-3" female juvie. Then, you get the godess and a decent sized T. Especially when they can be fragile in sling stage, may not want to go through that for years :D Just a recommendation, don't want to be the guy that gets... the male P. muticus :zombie:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Never kept one, but probably at about 2-3". But trust me, they will take quite a few years to even reach that size. Long is an understatement for them, 30+ years is pretty average. Maybe just want to buy a 2-3" female juvie. Then, you get the godess and a decent sized T. Especially when they can be fragile in sling stage, may not want to go through that for years :D Just a recommendation, don't want to be the guy that gets... the male P. muticus :zombie:
Males are weird. They're half the size of females and not at all scary but they still have the same defensive attitude and it's just silly.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
If I had a big AF Theraphosa blondi I would keep it on its own table in a good display spot... I'd make sure to vacuum the floor and clean up regularly to get rid of the urticating hairs to make it safe for my guests though.
:) I have my big girl t stirmi on an aquarium stand. Front and center and perfect height to view her without disturbing. The hairs don't literally fly out or anything :D

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Males are weird. They're half the size of females and not at all scary but they still have the same defensive attitude and it's just silly.
Indeed IMO 1.0 P.muticus aren't worth at all (unlike certain other 1.0 T's) aside for breeding.

The Goddess isn't scary at all. Actually she's incredibly lovely, with those sweet eyes -- considering she's a Theraphosidae her eyes are quite big :kiss:

Try to scavenge an adult female from her burrow and you will see if that hissing defensive attitude is so silly btw, eh eh :angelic:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
But yeah I changed my mind when I read that it's actually a slow tarantula that would rather stand its ground than take off across the room. I didn't want an Old World that size with such speed, but when I was corrected I was like "oh then by all means. Let me have it."