Best Photo of P. Cambredgei Ever (imo)

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree, great photography right there.

to Speedreader: Nice pic but ive seems a tad arrogant to claim yours as "the best ever" imo. Ive seen much better. Id say your background is a bit busy(takes attention off the tarantula), focus on the tarantula is not the clearest, needs better contrast, needs to be croped so its not so big(make it so the whole picture can be seen when people look at their computer screens) Not saying mine are any better but i thought i would comment on it since you think so highly of it{D . Still a nice picture though.
First of all, excuse me for the relatively aggressive tone of the following message; I felt that your was too. If am mistaken, please excuse me again.

Man, I said "best ever (imo)" not "BEST EVER, PERIOD"; I think the "imo" qualifies it as "in my opinion," which precludes my claim from being arrogant.
In my opinion, from the pic-s presented so far only the first one rivals mine. Mine was a blind snapshot, as I wasn't exactly trying to take a decent pic through an open door of a "teleporting" spider's enclosure, which implies that both focus and contrast were automatic. I could alter that in photoshop, but that is another art form. I think it needs no cropping. It's not my problem you can't see it on your screen -save file and open in picture viewer if you wish. I will not compromise picture quality over convenience. Regardless, I could just reduce canvas size, not crop it.
I think Randy May is an expert photographer, whom I could never hope to rival, but the specimen from the picture on Botar's site looks bleak to me regardless of artistic aspects of the photo (Botar is a great guy though, I am certainly gonna buy spiders form him).
Finally, I am no expert on photography, but am an expert artist. I think that out of all parameters important in considering a work of art, of the photos presented here, mine hits the golden mean.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i was just giving my honest opinion about your picture. it wasnt ment to be mean, just constructive critism from my point of view. no need to get offended, its a nice picture and i was just giving my view on it.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here's a pic that shows the sheen of my juvie! :D

And if u criticise im not really fussed coz im no photographer and not goin for "best pic" lol just thought it showed colour well :D