Best day ever!

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well some of you may recall me always talking about our MM B. albopilosum and that we're just waiting for our female to molt so that we can breed them.

And you may know that this was especially important to me because our MM B. albo means everything to me.

So this afternoon, I got up (I work nights so it's acceptable for me to be sleeping until 3pm haha), checked on our female because I knew she was really close to molting and she was flipped over! I was so happy I cried.

So in about a week or so, we've got some live fuzzies so we're going to give her one, and we're going to give her some crickets and some other insect feeders, and then another week or so after that, we're going to try and pair them up. I'm so nervous, yet so excited.

I know that it's forbidden to have a post without pictures now, so here are some pictures: (I didn't get any of her molting, I didn't want to disturb her)

Her still on her back after finishing:

Her after she had flipped back over:

Her spermathecae, because I know how much us ABers love tarantula naughty bits:

I'll post some pictures of her once she stretches out and isn't in a little ball. I think she's a good 4.5"-5" now, hard to say 'cause she's still scrunched up.

Thanks for looking!
Cass

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I mated my B. albopilosum about 2 month ago and they where very nice to eachother.
From what i have heard B. albopilosum and B. vagans are very easy to breed.
My vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrZUTaYLm3g

Dont feed her fuzzies, give her well fed nutrious insects instead.

Last edited:

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
falk, i belive they were only wanting to offer a fuzzy to bulk her up for the upcoming breeding. which is acceptable imo. only to add bulk that is.

and congrats guys! i too am excited! im hoping my A. avic and H incei are gravid!

also i cant wait for these sub zero temps to go away so i can get my male versicolor and breed her with my male!

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dont feed her fuzzies, give her well fed nutrious insects instead.
With all due respect, I see no problem with giving a T an occasional pinkie or fuzzie (occasional as in 2-3 times a year). I would probably have a nervous breakdown if our male got munched, so I want to make sure she's had enough to eat and has enough energy in her.

We fed this female a fuzzie back in October just to push her to molt faster (time is of the essence when you've got a mature male) and as you can see, she didn't have a single problem molting.

I've stated in other threads before that I honestly don't see anything wrong with giving your T a mouse or two. I obviously wouldn't agree to feeding mice all the time, however, when it comes to bulking her up for breeding, if I need to feed her a mouse to ensure she's had a good meal, and to ensure that she'll have the energy, I'll do it.

And as for the fuzzie potentially having problems and passing that on to the T, as I've heard happen before, the fuzzie we'll be feeding her was bred by us. And whichever fuzzie we choose, its parents were sold to us by an extremely legit breeder who also happens to be a good friend of ours, so I'm not concerned about any health problems with the mouse.

Cassandra

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck:) i think it will go well.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I hope it will go well. We've both done our research and think that we got it down pat, but of course, experience is the best research you can do. From what I've heard, B. albopilosum are generally easy to breed, so hopefully getting rid of the slings will be the hardest part.

I'll keep everyone updated!
Cass

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the molt... Good luck on the breeding.. It shouldnt be to hard to get rid of the slings... If all goes well you might be able to put me down for a couple... :D

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the molt... Good luck on the breeding.. It shouldnt be to hard to get rid of the slings... If all goes well you might be able to put me down for a couple... :D
As much as I'd love to sell you some, there's the slight problem of us living in different countries, haha. And us much as I love B. albos, I don't think a few slings are worth any sort of import/export license, haha.

Cass

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats on the molt!

I wish you the best with the pairing... and I hope your male fairs well from the experience!

And for the record.. I don't see a problem with giving the occasional pinkie with good reason :)

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOVE that second pic of her all balled up... what a hot mess:D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As much as I'd love to sell you some, there's the slight problem of us living in different countries, haha. And us much as I love B. albos, I don't think a few slings are worth any sort of import/export license, haha.

Cass
Oh dang I didnt even notice the country differance.. :8o I guess I need to start looking at that.. Either way... Good luck with the pairing!! :D

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Well Cass, I am in the same country (and province lol ) and would definately be interested in a sling if you get a sac :) Good luck

keen

Arachnopeon
congrats on the molt and best of luck to your pairing of the two, hope all goes well.