Best camera for Macro Photography 'out of the box'

Oswoc

Arachnosquire
Morning!

Love taking snaps of my T's, potentially the most enjoyable part of keeping them IMO.

I'm based in UK, and would love a recommendation for a camera, digital or SLR, that can get me some half-decent Macro images without me tinkering too much with additional lenses and editing software.

Or do I need to spend a fortune on different set ups to get some good close-ups of those sexy T 'faces'??

Couldn't find an exact thread on this, forgive me if I missed it.

Have a good day!

Attached is an example of a close up from my 'Galaxy Note 9' camera... this being a 'close up' of a 1cm Krachen sling
20210609_134258.jpg

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Morning!

Love taking snaps of my T's, potentially the most enjoyable part of keeping them IMO.

I'm based in UK, and would love a recommendation for a camera, digital or SLR, that can get me some half-decent Macro images without me tinkering too much with additional lenses and editing software.

Or do I need to spend a fortune on different set ups to get some good close-ups of those sexy T 'faces'??

Couldn't find an exact thread on this, forgive me if I missed it.

Have a good day!

Attached is an example of a close up from my 'Galaxy Note 9' camera... this being a 'close up' of a 1cm Krachen sling
View attachment 387895
What you really need to ask/know is this:

1. What type, ie quality, of macro images do you want to produce?

2. What type of LENS do I need is most important over camera

3 Recognize that many macro images you see are the result of focus stacking, (tons of images over tons of hours)

basin79

ArachnoGod
You can get incredible results with a telephoto lens and something like a Raynox DCR 250 clip on. You'll be limited to the shots you can get though. Some use a telephoto lens and extension tubes to get macro results.

Then there are dedicated macro lenses. Best thing you can do is decide on a budget. And then just look at what kit you can afford and then look at reviews online/youtube. But reviews from photographers/trusted sites.

I started off with a Nikon D5500 and Nikon's cheap is 90mm micro lens. Or it was 5 years ago. You'll need to practice a lot and get used to editing to get the most out of it. But you'll do that just by talking pics.