Best Books on Ts?

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi one and all,

I wanna buy some awesome books on Ts, keeping Ts, and T identification and such.

I tried search function, but didn't really run into anything.

Some suggestions (besides the ubiquitous "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide")

Last edited:

Katronmaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My personal favorite is " The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" by Stanley A. Schultz and Marguerite J. Schultz (As quoted by amazon.com)

Tarantulas and Other Arachnids by Samuel D. Marshall Isn't a bad one either but I don't remember as much about what's inside.

Good T books seem to be pretty rare... now that I try searching.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My personal favorite is " The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" by Stanley A. Schultz and Marguerite J. Schultz (As quoted by amazon.com)

Tarantulas and Other Arachnids by Samuel D. Marshall Isn't a bad one either but I don't remember as much about what's inside.

Dito. Cant find a better book ANYWHERE. :clap:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

I have both books, and I'd say they are both good, but "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" is the better of the two for one reason, it shows everything you need to know. For example, it tells the history of Ts, Handling, Breeding, etc. and its all from experience, trial and error!

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have both books, and I'd say they are both good, but "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" is the better of the two for one reason, it shows everything you need to know. For example, it tells the history of Ts, Handling, Breeding, etc. and its all from experience, trial and error!
Preach it brotha preach it! ;)

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'm in the proccess of reading " The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" right now . it really does go into pretty great depth so far as i can see . between that book and this forum , i feel like i'm learning a great deal .

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow, i was JUST about to make a thread on this. I am actually wanting to know what is the best book for the more technical stuff rather than caring for them in captivity. Books that may have information on natural habitats, behavior and ranges as opposed to how to take care of them inside our homes.

Neuroticvirus

Arachnopeon
I got the "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" and it was real infromative on alot of things.. just sad thing is i misplaced it somewhere...:mad:

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
1- tarantulas and other arachnids / barron's 2 - the guide to owning a tarantula / jerry g . walls - 3 - the complete encyclopedia of terrarium / eugene bruins - hows that for now ==== phil

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1- tarantulas and other arachnids / barron's 2 - the guide to owning a tarantula / jerry g . walls - 3 - the complete encyclopedia of terrarium / eugene bruins - hows that for now ==== phil
should be good enough. i have the guide... by jerry - it's good for beginners, i think - not much advanced info; he also seems a bit overcautious about the venom.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yah, i have seen that prview. I will order it this weekend along with the other books mentioned above.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Hi
Any help at all?:?
One day I may even read one or two of them myself!:rolleyes:
Cheers
Chris

Attachments

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tescos
It would help if you read them yes. I guess you can read the German ones, but I sure can't, not to mention the Asian one. I have the big one titled Spiders with C. crawshayi on cover. It's just a picture book - fun to look at but utterly useless otherwise.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Chris is that copy of fangs for the memories a rare un-signed one or one of the common sighned versions?

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Tescos
It would help if you read them yes. I guess you can read the German ones, but I sure can't, not to mention the Asian one. I have the big one titled Spiders with C. crawshayi on cover. It's just a picture book - fun to look at but utterly useless otherwise.
Hi
I get the impression from your reply that my post was no help at all? Well if that is the case then have fun with The Tarantula keepers guide even if it is rather limited. :rolleyes: I just wanted to show there is a few other books out there other than just the Samuel Marshall one and the Tarantula keepers guide .Oh BTW you may note that there are a fair few English language books in that pic and if you can't be botherd to give trying to read in another language a go, then it is only you who will miss out ;)

@ Eddy
lol lol lol what you speak of is just a myth! There is no such thing on this Earth. But that being said if you do happen to find one, one day then I would insure it for a lot of money!{D

all the best
Chris

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No, it wasn't useless - I simply said it would help if you knew which of these books were good.
I think Russian and English are good enough for me :)

Mustacherose

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Hands down my favourite book, it has pretty much 90% of the questions asked in this forum answered :worship:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
wow awesome collection there tesco.i see a copy of baboon spiders in that pile.been trying to find that one for a while now