Best Androctonus

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Barkscorpions said:
Brian,

Hell, I can't get none of my mauri fem's to strike a defensive pose! The best I get these days is a half-hearted lateral tail push or caudal strike! LOL
HAHA I really had to "tease" that one in order to get her to do that pose. They are actually one of the more passive species I have ever seen, not that I would get my hand near one LOL

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
brachy said:
Hi

My favourite and the best is A. bicolor. Its thick tail and elagant thin claws is very very excelent. I love its dark sometimes black colour. My big problem is I can't buy it anywhere:( I wiuld like to buy it in Prague when will be it there.
I might be able to help you out in a few months :)

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brian,

That they are! Once acclimated, they get lazy with all the free rent, room service, dinner in bed, etc. They are definitely the most passive members of the genus.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah and bicolor is the most high strung at least of the species I am familiar with. What is crassicauda like? Are they fast devils like bicolor?

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brian,

Crassicauda are probably the most reclusive of the group with behaviors similar to A. australis. They are also the only Andros I've ever had that seemed to prefer excavating burrows to adopting pre-existing cavities in and under surface structure. Both of the fems I had were a deep dark brown in coloration but lighter and darker specimens have been reported.