bengal ornamental (Poecilotheria miranda)

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey, im geting a bengal ornamental cos it looked nice and rare, i all ready own a adult female indian ornamental, but i was wondering what the atatude and behavier is like conpered to the indian ornamental?
pete :}

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Well I mean, not sure if I'd agree to the reasons for getting it, but, just expect some more nervousness really.

-Sean

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
depends. i have an adult female that is an angel. the only pokie i would ever consider handling, much calmer than my regalis :D.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i had a female also(sold her:wall: ) but she wasn't bad either kinda calm,very cool pokie.

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks guys, any more info then let me know, a sean, why would you get a tarantula? i wanted a spiderling ornamental sice i have an adult and wanted to see what it was like, and i saw this one and thought it looked nice and never seen them before so, i went for it.:}
pete

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks guys, any more info then let me know, a sean, why would you get a tarantula? i wanted a spiderling ornamental sice i have an adult and wanted to see what it was like, and i saw this one and thought it looked nice and never seen them before so, i went for it.:}
pete
that's how it starts! (believe me.....we've all been there)

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ye, i got loads of spiderlings and adults, just never seen this tarantula before lol, so, lhow meny years does it live, humid levals? im pritty shore im right about them though, just want some back up really lol
pete:rolleyes:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
a sean, why would you get a tarantula?
No offense intended, but wanting a spider because it was rare, (and sounding like you're rather new to keeping pokies) didn't sound all too wise. But its your money, I don't have a problem with it. If you think you can handle it, go for it!:clap:

How many years? Not terribly long, like say Brachypelma's.
Humidity levels? Keep the same as other pokies, you'll be fine.

-Sean

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have the same experience with mine as everyone else. Pretty calm and very pretty.

BTW, very beautiful specimen you have there, David.

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the best way to find out what is best for your spider is to research its natural habitat this is where you need to start. If you are still unable to obtain what temps/humidity from their natural habitat then you probably have no business owning it anyways.