Behavior: g.rosea vs. g.rosea rcf

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This may be a dumb question, but I was just wondering what everyone thought. I've always heard that's roseas can go from being super "nice" to very defensive just like that. Well I have to rosea rcf(a male and female) and they have never once thrown up any sighs of a defensive posture. I've also read alot bout roseas goin months withou eating. Once again both my rcfs eat every time I offer food unless in pre molt. Do I just have two chill rcfs or has anyone else noticed a difference between their behaviors?

Once again sorry If this question is dumb. I'm just curious. Thanks.

Matt

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
I have the same situation . My NCF eats sporadically and my RCF eats everything that I offer her . They both seem to be about the same as far as behavior , docile and easy going .

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well that's interesting. I wonder if anyone else has the same situation?

Matt

Death999

Arachnopeon
woah! I was thinking the oposite

I only have a RCF female and out of all my 9 T's shes the only one to ever threaten me (mind you I thaught my E. murinus would be the first)

go ahead and poke my G. Rosea she flips around and bites instantly, doesnt run, doesnt flick hairs just bites

random appetite as well

DannyH

Arachnobaron
I have the same situation . My NCF eats sporadically and my RCF eats everything that I offer her . They both seem to be about the same as far as behavior , docile and easy going .
I only have a RCF, but she eats the cricket as soon as it touches the substrate.

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This may be a dumb question, but I was just wondering what everyone thought. I've always heard that's roseas can go from being super "nice" to very defensive just like that. Well I have to rosea rcf(a male and female) and they have never once thrown up any sighs of a defensive posture. I've also read alot bout roseas goin months withou eating. Once again both my rcfs eat every time I offer food unless in pre molt. Do I just have two chill rcfs or has anyone else noticed a difference between their behaviors?

Once again sorry If this question is dumb. I'm just curious. Thanks.
Matt

I'll quote Stan Schultz here........."Because it's a rose. That's what they do. Tarantulas in general are strange creatures that do weird things. That's why we love them. Roses are way out in front in being weird and doing strange things.

Enjoy your Chilean rose. Be confused by your Chilean rose. Be astounded by your Chilean rose. Be perplexed by your Chilean rose. And then, go pour yourself a glass, cup, stein, flagon of your favorite beverage, slip your favorite CD into the stereo, sit on a nice comfortable rug in the middle of the room, and perform Yoga and meditate with your Chilean rose. Life is good! "

vickywild

Arachnoknight
My RCF used to be docile and now shes the grumpiest thing on this earth. However, she seeems happy so I let her grump.

Robotponys

Arachnoknight
My RCF used to be docile and now shes the grumpiest thing on this earth. However, she seeems happy so I let her grump.
Exactly! Mine used to be an angel and she molted and is now a dreadful beast. A boring one too, its a NCF so not much to look at. She also doesn't do ANYTHING, unless I drop in 2 crickets pretty much on top of her. She grabs one, then waits for the other after she starts putting down a place mat to eat on. :p