Beautiful new whips

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Damn really sorry to hear that, but hope they do better for you! Looking forward to seeing what happens next

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Hello everyone. Back from a bit of a hiatus with another update... and unfortunately not a good one. The male molted successfully, but was promptly snatched up by my already borderline obese female... I was utterly shocked, they had cohabitated so well and he had been a couple days post molt. She then proceeded to molt fine herself and has been eating well again.

I can’t say I wasn’t completely devastated by this. It’s been a long year of a lot of failures invert wise and this certainly topped it off for me. It’s honestly hard to keep motivated but I’m really trying.

I have perhaps 1 source to get a new mature male from- but I haven’t been able to get a reply in over a week.

I’m sorry to disappoint once again, I know a lot of people were looking forward to this. Hopefully not my last entry?

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Hello everyone. Back from a bit of a hiatus with another update... and unfortunately not a good one. The male molted successfully, but was promptly snatched up by my already borderline obese female... I was utterly shocked, they had cohabitated so well and he had been a couple days post molt. She then proceeded to molt fine herself and has been eating well again.

I can’t say I wasn’t completely devastated by this. It’s been a long year of a lot of failures invert wise and this certainly topped it off for me. It’s honestly hard to keep motivated but I’m really trying.

I have perhaps 1 source to get a new mature male from- but I haven’t been able to get a reply in over a week.

I’m sorry to disappoint once again, I know a lot of people were looking forward to this. Hopefully not my last entry?
Had that happen with a rare species of mantis while attempting breeding. It’s really disappointing :(

I hope you get the new male!

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince

Sorry to hear that, here’s to hoping that you’ll be able to breed these later down the line!

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I’m really holding out hope for another male- feels like I’ve been SO close with both this and Choeradodis, among other things... with enough perseverance I have to get there eventually.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I’m really holding out hope for another male- feels like I’ve been SO close with both this and Choeradodis, among other things... with enough perseverance I have to get there eventually.
I’ve had the absolute worst luck with breeding mantids. Only recently has my luck pulled through with a few more common species. Hopefully I can get these Idolomantis to adult and get those goin. Best of luck to you!

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I’ve had the absolute worst luck with breeding mantids. Only recently has my luck pulled through with a few more common species. Hopefully I can get these Idolomantis to adult and get those goin. Best of luck to you!
Best of luck to you too! I actually just caught up on your thread about the idolos, I’ve only raised one female to adulthood myself but I have full faith in your breeding program!

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Good luck with the choeradodis, I know getting fertile ooths can be a bit of a challenge...however, some people in Asia and Europe seem to be having some success with them lately. Might be worth reaching out to them if possible

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Good luck with the choeradodis, I know getting fertile ooths can be a bit of a challenge...however, some people in Asia and Europe seem to be having some success with them lately. Might be worth reaching out to them if possible
I unfortunately don’t have any choera anymore, nor do I really anticipate having more for the foreseeable future. I know of a couple people in Europe certainly that have had success, but I did hear about one person potentially having success in the states. I haven’t heard anything since though so who knows.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Back with finally a potentially happy update. It looks like I finally may be getting a Mature male come April!! Honestly emotional to get another shot after so much work and time put into this species. I think maybe she knew, as she let me finally sneak a quick photo or two this morning when I turned on her lights. 444A13BD-B5EB-4C18-97CD-22BAA26D1228.jpeg 7043DC22-1B78-4C91-B567-71D8BBB86D19.jpeg

scolopendra277

Arachnoknight
how do you find these? I have searched literally everywhere but I cannot find them. absolutely no one seems to breed them!

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
how do you find these? I have searched literally everywhere but I cannot find them. absolutely no one seems to breed them!
Its been a process of asking anyone and everyone and waiting a very long time. This time was honestly a stroke of pure luck. The male I'm getting is from someone importing from a breeder in China(and said breeder would not send more than one male either)- it really is impossible to find them here in the states anymore. Hopefully eventually we can turn that around :D

ThemantismanofPA

Arachnoknight
do you plan on separating them after she lays (assuming they breed)? Also will you continue trying cohabitation or just do separate housing this time?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
do you plan on separating them after she lays (assuming they breed)? Also will you continue trying cohabitation or just do separate housing this time?
I think I’ll likely cohabitate temporarily for breeding, but once I’m confident she’s taken a spermatophore I’ll be separating them this time. In fact I may just set aside a weekend and supervise courtship closely just to be sure nothing unsavory happens this time around.