Bearded Dragon question

kenspidey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well my sister has had a bearded dragon for around two years and has kept it in pretty good conditions when i noticed that she neglects it i give her a lecture. I noticed the other day that the little fella has some crust in the eye area and its eye was shut so i used a damp q tip and removed the crust until its eye opened. Is this an eye infection of some sort does anyone have an idea of what i should do.

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Exotic animals in particular do not like to show weakness by revealing signs of illness. Once they start showing symptoms, like loss of apetite or actual physical signs of illness, the situation is normally serious. I would strongly suggest getting him to an exotics vet promptly. Crusted eyes are often the start of a URI since the eyes, nose, and mouth are all linked.

kenspidey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you thats what i figured it was we will get this checked out ASAP. Im just glad she is still eating and moving around it seems like this just started.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is it on sand? If so then there is probably sand in its eye and will need a vet visit.

rm90

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe you should save the animal from her if she neglects it. ;)