User Basin's Tarantulas

Leila

Arachnobaron
It's been a while since I've polished up on my tarantula species identification knowledge, so don't make fun of me if I am wrong...but is this beautiful specimen a Chilobrachys? Even if it's not, what species is pictured here?

basin79

ArachnoGod
It's been a while since I've polished up on my tarantula species identification knowledge, so don't make fun of me if I am wrong...but is this beautiful specimen a Chilobrachys? Even if it's not, what species is pictured here?
Chilobrachys fimbriatus.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Chilobrachys fimbriatus.
Ah ha! I thought I might have been on the right track with the genus. :) I couldn't recall the fimbriatus part of the name, but this species has been the apple of my eye for years. I haven't been very active here for a couple of years; I likewise have not obtained any additional species in those 2 years. However, seeing your pics and videos has made me realize I really want a C. fimbriatus.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Ah ha! I thought I might have been on the right track with the genus. :) I couldn't recall the fimbriatus part of the name, but this species has been the apple of my eye for years. I haven't been very active here for a couple of years; I likewise have not obtained any additional species in those 2 years. However, seeing your pics and videos has made me realize I really want a C. fimbriatus.
Absolutely stunning tarantulas. Really, really beautiful. Plus they're heavy webbers so they make their enclosures look beautiful even when they're hiding away.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Absolutely stunning tarantulas. Really, really beautiful. Plus they're heavy webbers so they make their enclosures look beautiful even when they're hiding away.
Yesss! The gorgeous webbing is one of the reasons I am attracted to the species! (But the main attraction: that golden striped abdomen against a rich chocolate color!) I'm okay with not seeing them daily, as I have more patience and understanding of tarantulas in general these days (as opposed to when I first started the hobby.) :)
I might ask you for guidance with Chilobrachys fimbriatus in the near future, old pal

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yesss! The gorgeous webbing is one of the reasons I am attracted to the species! (But the main attraction: that golden striped abdomen against a rich chocolate color!) I'm okay with not seeing them daily, as I have more patience and understanding of tarantulas in general these days (as opposed to when I first started the hobby.) :)
I might ask you for guidance with Chilobrachys fimbriatus in the near future, old pal
They're easy enough. Members on here told me. Sub and plenty of anchor points. I overflow the water dish now and again although her sub is never bone dry.

basin79

ArachnoGod
"Excuse me madame, but you've got something stuck in your teeth".

2 days post moult and she's starting to darken.

Last edited by a moderator:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Caught this little lass out. Managed to get some pics before she found her trapdoor and disappeared again.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I miss my I. mira. He was out all the time, although he'd scurry into his burrow whenever I disturbed the container.
My lass is acting quite strange (well compared to how she's behaved in the 3 years I've owned her). It's like she's preparing to moult on the surface.

basin79

ArachnoGod
New frock for this little lass. Brachypelma emilia.

Last edited by a moderator:

basin79

ArachnoGod
She's an absolute unit. BBB aka Beautiful Black Bulldozer aka Grammostola pulchra.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My Xenesthis immanis threw out her moulted carapace so I decided to grab some pics.

basin79

ArachnoGod
A tarantula tootsie belonging to my Cyriopagopus doriae. She was actually out but taking off her enclosure lid she backed into her burrow entrance.