User Basin's Tarantulas

Jerry

Arachnobaron
I love watching the smaller T pounce on crickets I fed one to my vagans when he was about quarter to a half inch or so when he grabbed it cricket started to try and walk slash run with the T on his back he didn't go very far but it almost looked like the cricket was giving him a piggyback ride

basin79

ArachnoGod
I love watching the smaller T pounce on crickets I fed one to my vagans when he was about quarter to a half inch or so when he grabbed it cricket started to try and walk slash run with the T on his back he didn't go very far but it almost looked like the cricket was giving him a piggyback ride
Aye slings are almost fearless.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Aye slings are almost fearless.
Can you please come and talk to my E.sp.Red sling about that? She consistently runs from everything moving in her enclosure. Well, everything but me. She will come towards me...:D?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Can you please come and talk to my E.sp.Red sling about that? She consistently runs from everything moving in her enclosure. Well, everything but me. She will come towards me...:D?
Ha ha. I've had a similar problem today. Moved my Gandanameno sp girl into a bigger tub. I was trying to cut her webbing and the little bugger kept running out to nab me.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Ha ha. I've had a similar problem today. Moved my Gandanameno sp girl into a bigger tub. I was trying to cut her webbing and the little bugger kept running out to nab me.
Oh, that's bad as well. My Euathlus just runs on my hand and stays there...which is cute, but not very practical :p

Coconana

Arachnosquire
Wow!! Your photos are absolutely stunning! I'm surprised more people haven't commented. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Your Megaphobema female is MEATY!! What a gorgeous girl! :D

runCMD

Arachnopeon
The LP I picked up earlier this week is similar. Seemed terrified of a small cricket (even though he is a few inches) and didn't eat a crushed-head dubia nymph until early morning after being left overnight.

basin79

ArachnoGod
The LP I picked up earlier this week is similar. Seemed terrified of a small cricket (even though he is a few inches) and didn't eat a crushed-head dubia nymph until early morning after being left overnight.
That's surprising.

My little lass was still eating the cricket at 10:00 this morning. She's barely moved. Little fat bugger.

runCMD

Arachnopeon
Might have just been stressed from the drive up from Berkeley. No trace of the dubia this afternoon so this evening I tried pulling the front legs off one and dropping it in. LP shied away from it when I first dropped in but some wiggling by the roach got it pounced on.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Might have just been stressed from the drive up from Berkeley. No trace of the dubia this afternoon so this evening I tried pulling the front legs off one and dropping it in. LP shied away from it when I first dropped in but some wiggling by the roach got it pounced on.
Poor bloody roach.

runCMD

Arachnopeon
As you said, still awesome to see the mashing - love the quality of your camera.

basin79

ArachnoGod
As you said, still awesome to see the mashing - love the quality of your camera.
It wasn't the best looking due to her being in her den. The light seemed to be bouncing off everything. The camera I use on my videos is only my phone. That typed they have come on leaps and bounds. Being able to record in 1080p 60fps is fantastic. 4k is only 30fps and takes bloody ages to upload.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I think it is hilarious how some T's just....stoically stand there with a feeder in their chelicerae, all the while with a pokerface just jamming a fang it it. I can almost hear their comment 'whut mate?'
Others start a wrestling match, which is funny as well, but seeing a large spider do this is equally funny :D

runCMD

Arachnopeon
Holy crap that's awesome. BTW I did end up finding a versi to order - it arrives today :)

basin79

ArachnoGod
My H.Mac lass shed on the 18/1/17 and I've just finally got a good look at her.