Barbamama

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
This is my new O.boehmi, whom Tamara has named "Barbamama," for fairly good reasons.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
And here's another view which better shows why I think she just might be gravid.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
And for those of you who aren't familiar with the Barbapapa series of books, here's a pic. Barbamama is the big black mother on the right.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
She does look gravid though I suppose it could have been overfed as well.....though the one I had never got that fat and many of my scorps...shall we say...eat well...=D

John
];')

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I asked the store owner about that and he said that his scorpions aren't generaly overfed. I've known him for several years and have seen many scorps go by and know this to be the case. None of the other scorps looked this big, that's for sure. Plus, there is the consideration that he uses crickets for feed and this is a substantialy sized scorp. It is the little ones that can trick you after having eaten a big cricket.

Cheers,
Dave

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Dave.. do you know what is the biggest scorpions? the Emperor Scorpion / Pandinus imperator?

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Depends on how you look at it. Common knowledge (i.e. what I've just heard around) has it that the emp is the heaviest scorp and that either one of the Hadogenes (flat-rocks) or Heterometrus swammerdami have the longest record. I don't know what the actual scientific answer is going to be, though.

Cheers,
Dave