Bald abdomen on H.lividum

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi!

My H.lividum seem to have lost alot of hair on her abdomen, I was wondering if anyone ever seen this before? or does anyone know of a disease that can cause that?never seen this before:confused:I'm worried about her.

Thanks!

Alain

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Can you get a picture of her.

I know I've seen this before, can't recall where though. I'm thinking it has to do something with stress and it just rubs/falls out, like the legs of most OW species.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

I know I've seen this before, can't recall where though. I'm thinking it has to do something with stress and it just rubs/falls out, like the legs of most OW species.
Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

I will try to get pictures, but what you say make alot of sense, cause a few weeks ago, she try to jump on my hand while I was putting back the water dish into her enclosure, I got scared and drop the water dish, forceps and the spider, since then she have not go back in her burrow, I think the stress might come from there.

I will try to get pics soon.

Thanks!

Alain

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Hi!

Here's the pic, sorry for the very bad quality, I didn't whant to take her out and stress her more.

Thanks!

Alain

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh ya that is definately a sign of stress.

I would put her somewhere dark for the next couple of days, and maybe even weeks. I wish you the best of luck., and I hope the stress isn't so overwhelming that she passes on.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh ya that is definately a sign of stress.

I would put her somewhere dark for the next couple of days, and maybe even weeks. I wish you the best of luck., and I hope the stress isn't so overwhelming that she passes on.
Ok,Thanks alot Novak:D

She's already in the dark so I will wait and have a close eye on her for the next
few weeks.

Take care!

Alain