Bad Things May Happen To You...

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
...if you do something like this. Still, I like how it turned out. Looks almost like she's checking for a suitable vein the way the nurses do when they need to draw blood.

Note: If you decide to something like this, the results are your own reponsibility. Please take note of possible consequences to you, your spider or the hobby at large should something go wrong. I'd also recommend reading Darrin Vernier's account of his P. regalis bite so you can read what you might end up experiencing in case of a bite.

Adrian

Last edited:

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh My!

that takes some courage.
I wish I had A Poke :(
well any way's cool pic

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
reason #1404 why theyre my favourite T's :)

such a beautiful species!!

peace
dave

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
OMG!!!:eek: great pic... although u are somewhat nuts :}
I think u may need to put a do not try this at home warning on that pic lol... what kinda Poke is it? Indian Ornamental?

Now do an Usambara :p

TheDon

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I hear ya! Here's my P fasciata...after doing a runner tonight!

Last edited:

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Despite getting some possible flaming, I thought I'd say that I don't think the pokes are as evil as people make them out to be. Venom withstanding, I think they are only as bad as any other fast arboreal when it comes to biting. I watched a guy stick his hand into an P. formosa's cage (that he'd never seen before) yesterday, as he brought it out to be handled. Granted, yes, they are fast. However, I've handled both of mine a few times, and I think the chances of getting bitten are kinda slim.

Just my 2 cents.

Bill

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i fully agree with Bill.. Ive said it before, and i WILL say it again --

i think, obviously, the theoretical venom thing, but otherwise, its just speed you watch for..

but its like that with any T you handle...
nice pics!
peace
dave

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheDon
OMG!!!:eek: great pic... although u are somewhat nuts :}
I think u may need to put a do not try this at home warning on that pic lol... what kinda Poke is it? Indian Ornamental?

Now do an Usambara :p

TheDon

Yeah, it's a P. regalis. I did, once, handle an Usumbara briefly when it strolled out of its tank during feeding time. I have yet to deliberately get one out for handling, though.

Adrian

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You know, looking at these pics more closely, it occurs to me that these spiders have really long front legs. If they walked on their hind legs alone, they'd drag those front ones along on the ground like some kind of neanderthal spider.

Adrian

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
wow, those are some beautiful Ts there. :)

very brave. glad you enjoyed the experience.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by belewfripp
You know, looking at these pics more closely, it occurs to me that these spiders have really long front legs. If they walked on their hind legs alone, they'd drag those front ones along on the ground like some kind of neanderthal spider.

Adrian
they are the Jaguars of the spider world...long, aerodynamic front ends...built for speed :)

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
they are the Jaguars of the spider world...long, aerodynamic front ends...built for speed :)

Some days I think 'built for teleportation' is more like it.

Adrian

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Well I would say I agree with the fact that all T's are liable to bite, could be a rose, a pinktoe or the notorious Pokes... The reason I would be so worried about one of those like I would be with my Suntiger is the shear speed they have... I have seen my suntiger basically disappear for 1 sec and end up on the entire side of the tank with just a blink of an eye. I think that it what worries me the most about the fast aboreals.

Keep the pics comin

TheDon