Bad Molt This Morning

Spidergrrl

Arachnopeon
I have a Lasiodora klugi juvenile that went through a similar bad molt. I was pretty sure it wouldn't make it. Luckily, it was able and willing to eat newly killed crickets. After about a month it went through an early molt. This one was successful. It is still missing a few legs but no longer looks on the verge of death. It is able to get around pretty well and is now able to kill his own prey. He is happily out of ICU and back in his own enclosure.

Hopefully your T will do as well. They do seem to have remarkable capacities to heal.

Cheers,

Spidergrrl

titanT

Arachnosquire
The fact the T is adamant about not eating pre-killed food, can get to the water dish and is happily flicking hairs everywhere suggests that this won't be necessary :) This T is quite the fighter and with proper care has a decent chance of recovery.
yeah i think your right, this T is a fighter!! :biggrin:

cold blood

Staff member
Dark abdomen and trying to hide under paper, made it to pre molt!!
Spectacular news, hopefully this one goes off without a hitch to get this t "out of the woods" so to speak. 'Bout time one of these threads has a happy ending!!

Oumriel

Arachnosquire
Spectacular news, hopefully this one goes off without a hitch to get this t "out of the woods" so to speak. 'Bout time one of these threads has a happy ending!!
Thanks, he is down to three legs now. He had been breaking off the dried out parts of legs occasionally but he had completely removed the last two of the badly mangled ones two weeks ago. I was getting worried but now with a molt eminent I am hoping that he removed them to give new legs a better chance.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Thanks, he is down to three legs now. He had been breaking off the dried out parts of legs occasionally but he had completely removed the last two of the badly mangled ones two weeks ago. I was getting worried but now with a molt eminent I am hoping that he removed them to give new legs a better chance.
If removed some recently it might take another molt for them to come back but if he can get at least 4-5 good legs then he should be able to all the normal tarantula things he wants.

cold blood

Staff member
With 3 legs I hope it has the strength and dexterity to flip its self over to molt...not that they can't molt upright, its just disconcerting to see.

awiec

Arachnoprince
With 3 legs I hope it has the strength and dexterity to flip its self over to molt...not that they can't molt upright, its just disconcerting to see.
Even sideways would work, that's how my avic always molts and has never has had a problem.

Neoza

Arachnobaron
the poor thing looks so weak! But im sooooo happy he show molt signs!!!

hairyspideyfan

Arachnopeon
I'm just loving the positive spirit everyone is showing here for this story- great support and empathy from the T community - :biggrin:Arachnoboards at it's best!

Kron

Arachnosquire
:cry: .. I'm not very experienced so I can't really help... my only thought is if you could support it's abdomen somehow so that it doesn't rub on the ground but I guess the tissue will make it a little more comfortable. give it a figurative kiss to make it better for me (or a literal one if you really want :p )

Oumriel

Arachnosquire
Thanks everyone, he really isn't weak at all, throughout this whole ordeal he has been dragging himself around and flicking hairs. Aside from being able to move fast and groom properly he has done normal spiders things. This molt is the last hurdle he has to get over.

Oumriel

Arachnosquire
Happy Molting Day!!!

He made it through molt! He has seven of his legs and is happily itching and grooming.
IMG_20140914_092634.jpg

I noticed this little brownish bubble on one of his legs. I am thinking that he either had a split in his soft exo or a weak spot that made a bubble of lymph? Any ideas? I am very very sure that it is not a mite, that is the first thing I thought of when I saw it so I grabbed a magnifying glass to check.
IMG_20140914_092452.jpg

cold blood

Staff member
What great news, should be good as new after the next molt...already looking much, much better!!

awiec

Arachnoprince
Even if it is a bubble, the legs are pretty sturdy so if it poses problems he will remove it anyway without issue, next molt he will be good as new.