Bad molt P. ornata (Pictures)

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes! It popped out and almost punched me on the nose when I opened the molt! :D

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definitely keep us posted, hopefully this will be a good story with a happy ending. So far, looks like he's improving. Well done!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey Tommy, Just got on and saw this :confused:. Glad you were able to do some emergency work to free him and that things are looking better now :). Just goes to show you're one helluva keeper, bro!

Looks like I've got at least one male out of the smaller two. P.o. #2 looks male by general impression of body shape.........:rolleyes:-like that's even figurable at this stage- or ever reliable. I've got the fingers crossed that we each have at least one male, and being a little greedy- hopefully that'll be all. {D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Yall.. The little one seems to be acting somewhat normal.. Other than the front legs just flopping over.. I went to check his water.. He has not drank any since I filled it the last time.. He has however webbed a little in the cube.. Also.. When I tried moving him he went spastic like he did before.. :rolleyes:

Terry.. It seems I have 2 males.. The other might be a female.. (Hopefully!)

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tommy, Well, it looks like I've got some dark shading/outline in the upper area of the arch on one. Shape and speed of growth on the other doesn't look so female. None of it is anywhere near being set in stone........:?

Terry

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Progress

I'm glad to hear he's still active. That has to be a plus! :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A little update...

Some pictures...

Now.. The thing that has me a bit stumped.. When he is on the side of the cube.. The legs that are not touching the cube sort of twitch.. :?
I am guessing its a side affect from the bad molt maybe..

Here is a video of what I am talking about.. I have seen the legs that he has less control over do this.. In the video.. Watch his right palp..

[YOUTUBE]G3lPiT0wcxE[/YOUTUBE]

Like I said.. I am guessing its a side affect from the molt.. Other than that.. He seems to be doing fine.. :)

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looking pretty good tommy

he looks to be doing much better then my recent bad molt.

hope he pulls through for ya

moose

captmarga

Arachnobaron
A spider with a tremor. I sympathise - I have a tremor myself. Did you give it a great vampire name?

Marga

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Yall.. :)

A spider with a tremor. I sympathise - I have a tremor myself. Did you give it a great vampire name?

Marga
Nope.. This one is still unnamed.. Just like most of my critters.. I suck with thinking up names.. :eek:

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
He looks awesome, Tommy! I don't know anything about the twitching, but you saved that little guys life!

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Tommy - call it "Renfield". Servant of Dracula- and a guy who definitely had a twitch!

Marga

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
thats amazing from those picture i would of never thought it would live but you got it LOL good job keep us updated with youtube video please :D

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tommy, Glad to see it's still with ya, bro. :clap:

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
At my first glance of this thread... i was like:eek: oh no!!!!:wall: poor Tommy...
Sorry to hear but... after i finished reading.... in second thought!!!!;)

Awesome save Tommy!!! Glad she's pulling through after your assistance!!!:clap::clap:
You scared me there for a sec bud!!!.....

Peace!!!

Zman181

Arachnoknight
Looking good Tommy. Just read the entire thread. You did a wonderful job at saving him :) Looks promising.