Back into the hobby...

Vikingsblood

Arachnopeon
I'm happy to say I am officially a tarantula owner again. I went and got the 10 B. hamorii/smithi slings this morning and have them unpacked. 2nd instars...man it's been so long I forgot how tiny these boogers are...they are all sitting in their new portion cups in a dark quiet place. 20170531_105840.jpg

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Excellent!

I'm a lapsed keeper myself. Intended to set up some feeders before getting some new spiders, but browsing around here, especially this topic, I don't know if I can wait that long. That photo of a tiny pink thing with a black bum makes me all nostalgic. :)

Vikingsblood

Arachnopeon
Excellent!

I'm a lapsed keeper myself. Intended to set up some feeders before getting some new spiders, but browsing around here, especially this topic, I don't know if I can wait that long. That photo of a tiny pink thing with a black bum makes me all nostalgic. :)
Cute little boogers that's for sure.

keks

Arachnobaron
Sweet little things :), my smallest slings ever were my breed of Cyriocosmus perezmilesi years ago, and now Monocentropus balfouri as I took them from the breeder ^^. I almost couldn't find them in the cricketbox :wideyed:. After molting now they have ~ 6 mm BL ^^.

I "startet" new also after some years only with my G. porteri. It is exciting, to care again for such little spots in the boxes/delicups ^^.

Vikingsblood

Arachnopeon
I believe these are the smallest I've ever started with, I usually go for at least 1/2" minimum and preferably 1" to start with. But, it's ok...it will be nice watching them grow.

keks

Arachnobaron
I love to watch slings grow and to observe changes of them to an adult. Time is there no problem for me.
The only adult tarantulas I bought were the couple C. perezmilesi and my G. porteri (she was my glory point of winning my life-long combat against my
arachnophobia :kiss:).