baby pinktoe

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello to all, I have been having two pinktoe tarantulas that have 15 days of born, I pick them up 2 days ago.

They dont want to eat (the only thing I can get in the pet stores of my country are mealworm) and they almost do not move (they are always in the wall of the glasses in which I have them).

Please I need help, I am new in this.

Excuse my English.

Thanks

Ines

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
weevil

I put some rice weevil in the glasses and my pinktoes are eating them (for the first time in mi house) :) ... now I want to know if the weevil can be right for them.

Thanks

Ines

defour

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If they're eating the weevils, great! Feed them whatever you can find in the way of insects, keeping in mind that the feeders should be collected in areas not likely to have been treated with pesticides or herbicides.

Good luck!

Steve

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by defour
If they're eating the weevils, great! Feed them whatever you can find in the way of insects, keeping in mind that the feeders should be collected in areas not likely to have been treated with pesticides or herbicides.

Good luck!

Steve
Thanks a lot... yes I think mi bag of rice dont have pesticides ;) I´m very happy.... all ready they have eat 3 weevils each, I was very worried about them.

Another question (sorry I am very new in this) ... wen they will molt for the first time?

Thanks again

Ines

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How long did you leave the mealworms in with the spiderlings? Sometimes you have to give them some time to find and start eating them. You might try putting the mealworm in at night and then checking on them in the morning.

It's good that they are eating the weevils, as they grow larger, they will be easier to feed since you will be able to feed them larger insects. Just take defour's advice and watch feeding them insects that may have been around insecticides.

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
its really hard to judge, lots of factors involed, male or female, eating habits and such.

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by SpiderTwin
How long did you leave the mealworms in with the spiderlings? Sometimes you have to give them some time to find and start eating them. You might try putting the mealworm in at night and then checking on them in the morning.

It's good that they are eating the weevils, as they grow larger, they will be easier to feed since you will be able to feed them larger insects. Just take defour's advice and watch feeding them insects that may have been around insecticides.
I leave the mealworms about 12 hours, then thinking that it was too big I give them some little ones, another 12 hours.

I have not used insecticides in my home for about 6 months, but in the garden of the building were I live they just fumigate last month, thats the reason I dont cach some little grasshopper.

Thanks for the advice... Im going to find a digital camara to take a picture and post it here... they are beautiful :)

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by ines68
Hello to all, I have been having two pinktoe tarantulas that have 15 days of born, I pick them up 2 days ago.

They dont want to eat (the only thing I can get in the pet stores of my country are mealworm) and they almost do not move (they are always in the wall of the glasses in which I have them).

Please I need help, I am new in this.

Excuse my English.

Thanks

Ines
Well welcome to the boards. It's really nice having international people join. I hope this helps but I have found that all my Arboreals like moving targets like crickets, roaches, etc. I guess they love the thrill of the hunt. And prey that tends to stay still just doesn't interest them. Now my Chilean Rosehair or my Costa Rican Zebra will snag crickets, dead or alive if I drop them in front of them.

defour

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Another question (sorry I am very new in this) ... wen they will molt for the first time?

Ines
By "15 days" I assume you mean they emerged from the sac 15 days ago? Most of the small Avicularia slings I've had or seen that were less than 2" had intermolt periods between 25 and 50 days.

Steve

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well....here's a picture of my Pinktoe, Pandora, well sort of. She's constructed herself quite a web in the tank forgoing the log she used last molt. I've indicated where she is in there.

Attachments

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's a photo pf my Avic sling eating a cricket I gave her last night. I think it's so cute how big her little rump is getting. She's possibly going into a pre-molt. I'm contemplating whether to put her in with Pandora when she gets as big as her.

Attachments

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks to all!!! In the United State you are very lucky to have all that pets stores that sell cricket and whatever you will need to raise your tarantulas.

In Venezuela we have a lot of wild tarantulas (you can find many species) but not many people like to have them like a pet. In the south of the country (amazonas) there is some native people that eat fried tarantulas (they say that taste like popcorn).

Our pet stores only sell cats, dogs, birds and fish ;)

Thanks again

Ines

Here is a picture of one of my pinktoes:

PD: Godzilla I cant wait mi pinktoes reach the size of yours :)

Last edited:

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ines, welcome to the boards. You sound like a nice person.

Don't be jelous of our pet shops selling crickets. I'm green with envy of your native tarantulas and other large invertebrates. I live in a country with no big inverts at all.

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by luther
Ines, welcome to the boards. You sound like a nice person.

Don't be jelous of our pet shops selling crickets. I'm green with envy of your native tarantulas and other large invertebrates. I live in a country with no big inverts at all.
You can come and visit us :) ... this is a beutifull country and the trips here are very inexpensive

I travel all the time to a place that is 3 hours from Caracas (Henri Pittier Park)... in this park you can find easily a lot of tarantulas, invertebrates and other small animals that are unique in the world. Last time I find a worm that the people call little chicken (looks like a chicken without legs... is yellow and have feathers)

The 32% of our country is National Park, and we have many species because our many diferents places (tropical, desert, plain, coast, etc) in a small territory.

Im still jelous of your pet shops =D =D

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You can come and visit us :) ... this is a beutifull country and the trips here are very inexpensive

I travel all the time to a place that is 3 hours from Caracas (Henri Pittier Park)... in this park you can find easily a lot of tarantulas, invertebrates and other small animals that are unique in the world. Last time I find a worm that the people call little chicken (looks like a chicken without legs... is yellow and have feathers)

The 32% of our country is National Park, and we have many species because our many diferents places (tropical, desert, plain, coast, etc) in a small territory.

Im still jelous of your pet shops =D =D
I'm almost quite certain you can mail order crickets from dealers here in the United States. Here, let me give you a link to a cricket Wholesaler. The currency is in American Dollars.

http://www.ghann.com/feeder.htm#Cricket1

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
PD: Godzilla I cant wait mi pinktoes reach the size of yours :)
I'm surprised you could see her in all that webbing. Incredible what she could make with just her webbing and dirt. :D If you like the Avicularia species, here's a picture of my Avicular versicolor Asia.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
¡BIENVENIDOS!

Welcome to the board... after reading your posts, I've decided I'm MOVING to Venezuela!! (I wish!)

One thing that IS very important, with avics AND spiderlings, is humidity. It's probably humid enough in your country, but make sure they have plenty of humidity in order to help them with their molts!

Good luck with your little babies!

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love your T's Godzilla... they are very pretty!!!!.... Im looking for getting another ones, but before I want to learn a lot about them.

What other docile tarantula do you recommend to me?

MizM you are welcome to move to Venezuela, right now we have a lot of political problems, you can come and help us get rid of our comunist dictator president :)

IMPM

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I.... Im looking for getting another ones, but before I want to learn a lot about them.

IMPM
I change mi mind ... :8o Sombody ask me if I want a delopelma and Im thinking to accept

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I love your T's Godzilla... they are very pretty!!!!.... Im looking for getting another ones, but before I want to learn a lot about them.

What other docile tarantula do you recommend to me?

MizM you are welcome to move to Venezuela, right now we have a lot of political problems, you can come and help us get rid of our comunist dictator president :)

IMPM
I don't know. We seem to be having problems of our own here in the States with a Communist Dictator President. ;)

But anyways, if you want to get a second Tarantula I highly recommend a Pink Zebra Beauty if you want a docile terrestrial Tarantula.