Baby Got Back

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
If I can get this to work (I've had 0 success with pics here so far) there should be a pic of the healthy PZB who is the psycho attack spider who never read that PZB's are supposed to be nice! She raises that big butt up and swings it around like a mace! Rather funny actually. But if you don't take her hint she slap attacks and then tries to fang you.

Gail

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Yea, baby, the pic worked! Actually, I didn't realize that when you previewed a message it didn't show the pic- duh.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
That's a humorous pic, for sure. Does anyone have other T's that react in the same way? Mine all either just run and burrow or rear up in that oh-so-classic defensive posture.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
That's unfortuante. As much as I appreciate having some quite docile spiders, I really do like having some aggressive ones too. Keeps me on my toes, you know. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

S

Spider_savior

SPIDOS

um, are um, hmm, thinking, ! OH ! How AGRESSIVE are INDIAN ORNIMENTALS does anyone know?? I am in looooove with the look of them ! Are they any harder to care for than say....my red knee ??? I wove em !

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
woo !

That is one SCARY umburssaraasr or what ever they are called. Sorry I wasnt logged on for my last post.....I am sooooooooo excited, I have my very first REAL VIRGIN website !!! I hope its ok I BARROWED ON TINY LITTLE PICTURE from this site.....if the moderators have a prob with that I will remove it....I gave credit to this site...,and a link is provided on my links page !

http://www.myfamilyzoo.20fr.com

Please visit my site and sign my guest book ! I dont have alot of pictures of my tarantulas, just a few, so please, enjoy, I also have pics of me and my cats ....ya, more spiders to come I hope..=D

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Not a problem, but one generally asks for permission before using a picture..... :)

Scott

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Yah, sorry about that.....I got so excited making my site, that I guess I forgot.....so, can I barrow a pic ?? Yes ?? Greaaaat ! Thanks Scott, yer....hot ! Sorry, it rhymed. SO ! DID YOU VISIT MY SITE !!!!???? DONT FORGET ! SIGN THE GUEST BOOK IF U DO !!!!=D =D =D =D =D =D =D

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Nice, Scott. I guess that proves that these displays work. ;-)

Cheers,
Dave

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Scott, I think that I would have heart failure if one of my T's gave me a threat display like that one of yours! Good Lord man, what did you say to it to tick it off like that ;P

Gail

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: SPIDOS

Originally posted by Spider_savior
um, are um, hmm, thinking, ! OH ! How AGRESSIVE are INDIAN ORNIMENTALS does anyone know?? I am in looooove with the look of them ! Are they any harder to care for than say....my red knee ??? I wove em !
I have been keeping my p. regalis (indian ornamental) in a tall arboreal "reptile" style enclosure. it has a sliding screen top that I have 75% covered with a piece of vinyl desk protector (lighter than glass and easy to cut to size). I have a long cork bark tube in there and the 7" legspan female stays in it. she will come out at night and sit on the outside of the cork bark tube. I never see any threat display because she is always inside the tube. I have been fattening her up on rat pups in preparation to breed her with a male I have on loan. I used to keep her substrate damp but now I let the substrate dry out and keep a 5 oz. deli cup full of clean water at all times.
Ed

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gail
If I can get this to work (I've had 0 success with pics here so far) there should be a pic of the healthy PZB who is the psycho attack spider who never read that PZB's are supposed to be nice! She raises that big butt up and swings it around like a mace! Rather funny actually. But if you don't take her hint she slap attacks and then tries to fang you.

Gail
my m. robustums will do the butt raising thing, but will slap their back legs into you if you get too close.
Ed

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
That's a humorous pic, for sure. Does anyone have other T's that react in the same way? Mine all either just run and burrow or rear up in that oh-so-classic defensive posture.

Cheers,
Dave
how is this for a threat display?
Ed

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hysterocrates defends his can of Pringles

I tried to take his Cheez-Ums Pringles away and he got angry.

Adrian

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How 'bout this one?

(my T photo'd by Art Evans)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I'm SURE this will not work...but I'll try anyway..
here is my B vagans 'Maleficent' ....
she is as attitudinal as a pterror :D

edit: damn it....maybe it's Ofoto? Keeps saying photo is not available due to maintenence....bummer :(

Last edited: